• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Friendly Warrington Town v Rovers

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Anyone going?

I'm presuming that the Rovers team will be stronger than a youth team, but there will be a lot held back for the Sunderland friendly.

Warrington still have links with Rovers; Paul Carden their manager was Brabin's assistant and briefly caretaker boss, while Mitch Duggan and Evan Gumbs have signed up as players for the coming season.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I may be able to drop the missus off at IKEA for a couple of hours and go the game myself. Like rovers attempts to sign a striker negotiations are ongoing and patience is required

Agree with Boz about likely team selection. As Sunderland is the last pre season friendly I think I’d expect a fairly strong line up in that one so a mixed line up v Warrington.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I will miss this unfortunately as I am still on my jollies. I think it will be a full strength team, but with players rotated between the two halves.

Player
aldo
i think it will be two teams both halves as normal we need the front lads to get and get scoring with only 4 games we cant have players playing only 3 games b4 the season starts its called undercooked

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Think we’ve got a game with Burnley youth, so 3 fixtures to go. It’s always a guess as to how match fit late signings will have kept themselves, you’d like to think as professional footballers they’d keep themselves in shape, but not always the case.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Burnley u23s behind closed doors next Saturday is the last game of pre season

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Is anybody going to the game today ? Any reports appreciated if anyone goes

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Yep just ordered my ticket and taking my daughter r to her first away game. May not be quite what she expects lol but nice to be out and not too far away.

Will put a report up.
Cheers enjoy

ADD

Player
Norwood
Interesting a trialist starts....
1627132761863.png

Player
aldo
I did say it would be a full team showing, glad it was not weakened the team let's hope for loads of goals from the front two 5-0 at ht with the front two getting them all 7-2 ft score with Elliot getting a few in second half

Player
Manager
John King
Both left backs possibly injured as Maguire does not seem to be in the squad either.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I’m here too, will be interesting to see how things pan out.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Macdonald is unlikely to make the start of the season at this rate, hopefully Maguire and Morris are only minor issues

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I suppose its possible that either Maguire or Morris have been pinged

Player
Manager
John King
Good half from Rovers, playing some nice stuff but just lacking a presence in the box at times. Particularly impressed by MacManaman, Watson and Cogley. Duffy has played centrally and has been good on the ball but looks short of fitness.