• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Walsall v Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Short trip up the M6 for me! Think this will be a really tough game and would happily take a point. Would like us to start with the same back four as the Oldham game (Holmes, Ash, Goodi, Zoom).

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
From the comments on the o/s it sounds like you may get your wish, although it doesn't look like Ronnie feels Goodi will last the full 90. O'Halloran is definitely out, while Sidibe has a chance of playing, though it's more likely he won't.

Lessons which the manager might have learned from Saturday. Corry isn't able to impose himself on games; Max is best in the middle and Bell-Baggie doesn't look that comfortable on the left. I wonder if there might be a place for Danny Harrison?

While we've quite a good recent history at the Bescot, Wallsall are in decent form and getting anything out of this will be a good outcome.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The weather forecast for the Midlands tonight and tomorrow is horrible, so there may be some danger of the match being off ?

Walsall are in an incredible run of form, eight wins, three draws and one defeat in the last twelve. Both their strikers appear a threat, particularly Grigg who has scored six in the last three games.

In the face of those statistics, a draw would be a great result but I think we need to win at least one of the next two games.

With O'Halloran out, I think Baggie will start on the left, with Amoo on the right.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I would happily take a point from this game with the injuries we have and the form they are in

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
As long as we continue to win our home games, I'd happily take a point.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Sheff Utd's and Donny's games are both off, so if ours goes ahead and we win we could be second. Here's hoping.

M

Mal

I have bad vibes about this. Too many injuries and Walsall are in form. The only plus is that the weather could be a leveller. My head says 2 or 3 nil to Walsall. heart says a 1-0 after scoring in first 10 minutes. Trouble is, likely to conced a few minutes after half time due to a lapse in concentration.

Oh dear, wish I hadn't forecast that....

Nor the 2 to 3 nil

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Tonight and Saturday are not "must wins" as we can still go up even if we lose them both. However, they will be a weathervane on how things are going. If we can get a point at Walsall, it will feel like a win. If we can win on Saturday, we can start thinking about getting back in the top two. It's an important week. I would be delighted with 3 points and not unhappy with 2.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Sounds none too clever from the radio commentary, comfortably outplayed creating very little.

Status
Not open for further replies.