• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Walsall Teenager Dies

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
This has been in the news today, one of Walsall's 16 year old youth players has died after collapsing during a regular training session. It's genuinely scary to think that this can happen to someone so young, presumably outwardly fit and healthy and who showed enough potential for the staff at Walsall to believe he could become a professional footballer.

My heart really goes out to everyone who has been affected by this tragedy. Of course to his family, friends and his coaches, but especially to his young team mates. They will be struggling to understand, to come to terms with what's happened. I hope they find the strength to get on with everything in their lives on and off the pitch.

I'm expecting a minute's silence before the home match against Brighton on Saturday, in fact as we are a club centered around youth policy I would be extremely disappointed if there wasn't one.

Player
Morrisey
Yeah very sad. Hope every one holds tose affected in their thoughts and prayers.