• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Villa v Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
So it's Premier League opposition away in the next round of the League Cup. Not the easiest or most lucrative tie, but it could have been worse on both counts. At least it will be a relatively pressure-free match which players and fans will be able to enjoy. Shame it's in a couple of weeks, before many of our walking wounded will be fit again.

tea for two

Player
johnny morrissey
well well well its our old friends Aston villa does this give us a chance to gain revenge for 1994.one thing about it it should be a good game of football and maybe tranmere will give a good account of themselves.we haven't got nothing to lose so lets go out there and knock them out.:smile:

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It would have been nicer if a home tie, but hopefully will boost the finances a tad, while we give Villa something to think about.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
A pretty decent draw, we wont get too much money from the game but a little will help. As for the game itself be hard to get anything there but should be a good night out.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Tickets on sale to season ticket holders after tomorrow's game (2,900 allocated). Price of £15 for Rovers fans which is reasonable, but will obviously reduce our take from the match.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Despite the positive remarks about Bell-Baggie from Ronnie, I can't see him starting in this one; injuries aside, I'd expect an unchanged side. Villa have started badly, so this will be a game for them to try and play themselves into form. Unlikely therefore that they'll be featuring many fringe players.

Our priorities are to firstly avoid any injuries and sendings-off. Then to keep the score respectable, anything better is a bonus.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I would agree that Villa will play a strong team as Lambert will be desperate for a win.

Despite Villa's awful recent form, I am still expecting that we won't take anything from the game. The key is to put in a good performance and keep confidence high, for what will hopefully be a much better league season than the last three.

tea for two

Player
johnny morrissey
it would be good if sky decided to show it as the live league cup 2nd round match and it would give us a bit more money with it been on tv but maybe it wont be selected as one of there games.anyway to the game like i already said on this post we have nothing to lose it will not be easy but it is a one off game and it has to be decided on the night so who knows what will happen.

i hope tranmere give a good account of themselves and hopefully our fans will enjoy watching Tranmere against premier division oppisition.i wonder who the referee will be hopefully it not an old fuddy duddy that likes the cards.\\:D/

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
wonder who the referee will be hopefully it not an old fuddy duddy that likes the cards.\\:D/

The exact opposite, ref's called James Adcock, who's only been on the football league list a couple of years. While I know very little of Mr Adcock, there is probably more of a risk of a newish ref being over-awed by the home crowd at a Prem ground and giving decisions against us, than someone more experienced.

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
anyone else going? Picking my tickets up tomorrow from the club, thought it was open today - doh!](*,)

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
anyone else going? Picking my tickets up tomorrow from the club, thought it was open today - doh!](*,)

I am going it should be a good day out and if we can score first it may well set the nerves jangling but i expect them to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.