• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

vicks v rovers

Player
aldo
a strong team and Glatzel has scored on 2 mins, with Watson, Merrie Duffy, jolly amounts others

Player
aldo
he is crap thats why what a second half so far the two young lads getting goals Watson playing well all good

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
A strong team by the sounds of it and Glatzel and Jolley should get a bit of a boost with their goals. Bit surprised Dieseruvwe didn’t get any game time, wonder if he’s injured or completely out of the picture. Walker seems to have had a fairly quiet game, the match report mentioning just involved in an unconverted effort from Glatzel. Had hoped he’d force himself into contention in Hawkes’ absence.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Full marks to Micky for using the game to give nearly all the fringe players a game, making 11 changes from Saturday’s starting line-up. I’m delighted that Glatzel, Jolley et al were able to show him what they can do. I hope some get rewarded next Saturday with at least a seat on the bench.

We got away with it last night, but we were forced to play O’Connor at centre back and Hayde at right back. I would hope that in January we replace a couple of strikers with two more defenders. When winter comes, injuries and suspensions in the back four could hit us hard.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I agree with BBTC on the need for cover for central defenders. It’s almost inevitable that the current trio will pick up bans and injuries. We don’t have any young pros who are central defenders and while O’Connor, Foley and possibly Maguire could fill in, it’s not ideal.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It’s great that Glatzel and Jolley got on the scoresheet and should help with confidence but I think they will have to do a lot more then score a goal against a team in the ninth tier of football to be pushing for a place in the first team.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It’s great that Glatzel and Jolley got on the scoresheet and should help with confidence but I think they will have to do a lot more then score a goal against a team in the ninth tier of football to be pushing for a place in the first team.
So against the same level at which Nevitt was scoring at so freely last season and look where he is now!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, not scoring so freely!

Player
aldo
we just need someone to start scoring up top if it's one of the lads from last night who cares but sooner or later a change has gotta be made or Nevitt has gotta start scoring

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Full marks to Micky for using the game to give nearly all the fringe players a game, making 11 changes from Saturday’s starting line-up. I’m delighted that Glatzel, Jolley et al were able to show him what they can do. I hope some get rewarded next Saturday with at least a seat on the bench.

We got away with it last night, but we were forced to play O’Connor at centre back and Hayde at right back. I would hope that in January we replace a couple of strikers with two more defenders. When winter comes, injuries and suspensions in the back four could hit us hard.
We are only likely to bring a young inexperienced centre half as they would be 4th choice and we have 2 right backs

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
We are only likely to bring a young inexperienced centre half as they would be 4th choice and we have 2 right backs
Not necessarily. There may be some experienced out of contract players who could do a job for us. In any event the squad feels a bit unbalanced when you’ve got 6 strikers competing for one place but only 3 central defenders contesting 2 places.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Not necessarily. There may be some experienced out of contract players who could do a job for us. In any event the squad feels a bit unbalanced when you’ve got 6 strikers competing for one place but only 3 central defenders contesting 2 places.
Highly unlikely an experienced centre half will come in as 3rd or 4th choice

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Highly unlikely an experienced centre half will come in as 3rd or 4th choice
True, but you'd think with only having 3 central defenders, any recruit would be hopeful of getting some game-time and if they take their chance and shine, every prospect of staying in the