• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Valiants v Rovers

Match result

• Port Vale

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Valiants v Rovers
Posted by Ian
Vale Park
Saturday, November 14, 2020 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, November 14, 2020 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
so witch game was better today or the 4-3 at Barrow
I didn't see yesterday's game but in the Barrow game we weren't against 10 men and were 2 goals behind at 90 minutes, not 1. There was so little expectation of a comeback that most of the SWA had left and didn't see it! In fact, if I remember correctly there was more vocalisation from the SWA wanting Brabin sacked than supporting the team! That comeback was hardcore!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
An interesting Tweet by our Indonesian investor this morning when he was on his country walk. 'Like a river flowing to The Championship'.

Demonstrates the ambition at the top of the club.
Interesting comments who now need to be backed up on the pitch & management team.

Player
aldo
I get a feeling they will be doing just that. fair to them they paid for the pitch. and 500k towards helping the community fund at the start of the fkn virus

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
An interesting Tweet by our Indonesian investor this morning when he was on his country walk. 'Like a river flowing to The Championship'.

Demonstrates the ambition at the top of the club.
I should have said the intermediary of the Indonesian investor.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Is Rafa still managing in China?

Pre-covid, I'd have said it wasn't realistic for a club like Rovers to do more than get a promotion and come straight back down from the Championship. I don't know with the re-setting that is and might continue to go on, whether that could change?

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I heard he had come back Boz. His family still lives on the Wirral and his daughter goes to school locally. Not sure whether he came back for a break or whether the Chinese season ended.

Any possibility of Indonesian investment may be the reason Palios hasn’t rushed the decision. It will have been helped by results under Dawes of course, but if we can add another zero to the salary lol then it could make someone considered unrealistic attracted to a team who could easily be challenging this season and have one eye longer term on the championship

a good project with a prospect of promotion in the short term and a well run club off the pitch

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
This speculation about the new manager is getting crazy. Would Mark spend as much on the manager’s salary as on the whole squad? Rafa would not take a 90% drop in salary just so he could walk to work.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Come on chaps, set the bar high!

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I see that the League Two team of the week has TWO Vale midfielders included (Amoo/Conlan) and James Vaughan! I'd love to know the criteria that this was based on; goals must be disproportionately included though. Even on that basis how has Morris not made the midfield?