• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Vale v Rovers

Match result

• Port Vale

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Who'd have thought we would still be discussing striker options this season after the striker debacle last season. I had assumed when we bought Mani that he would be pretty good in the air and as a target man but this is not the case. He is much better with the ball on the floor but having said that has absolutely no presence in the box. There is also a tendency to lump it forward from the back when there is someone with height up front. I think we might be better suited to keeping it on the floor and having a presence in the box. Elliott may do this but he is still quite raw and untested. I'm not convinced we will get anyone good enough to fill this void.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
We kept the ball on the floor for pretty much the entire game yesterday, but when the ball goes wide or is in the number ten position with Feeney, Mani offers very little with his movement.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
So it seems like we've got a few players who could fit into a no 10 role; Glatzel, Feeney, Watson, yet in terms of an out and out striker, Mani who falls into the big guys who don't jump category and when he joined, most of us were expecting him to be a squad player is leading the line. Nevitt may come good, while it appears Jolley and Burton haven't done enough positive to catch Micky's eye. At this stage, as Ian says, the prospect of getting anyone decent in as a forward aren't great. Maybe Micky's got Guardiola's number and can pick up some tips on winning without a striker:unsure: