• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Vale v Rovers

Match result

• Port Vale

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
For various reasons, I've decided not to go to this one. Given my poor away games record following Rovers that might give some hope to those of you heading to the Potteries tomorrow

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
For various reasons, I've decided not to go to this one. Given my poor away games record following Rovers that might give some hope to those of you heading to the Potteries tomorrow
Fingers crossed

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Your time will come.

Reactions: Boz
Player
Manager
John King
NKP was in the training pictures that were released today, as was Duffy.

drwhoman

Either Micky is stringing Duffy along or Duffy is getting himself fit at Rovers’ expense until another club offers him a deal. ;)
Who knows? It maybe that Rovers are simply letting him train with them with a view to him finally accepting a lower deal than he currently wants. If he chooses to go elsewhere then nothing is really lost. Certainly, if there are any more injuries then the case for Rovers doing a deal strengthens particularly as we will no longer be having to shell out for McNulty.

Player
Manager
John King
Either Micky is stringing Duffy along or Duffy is getting himself fit at Rovers’ expense until another club offers him a deal. ;)
It is not financially motivated apparently, so my guess is that Mellon is not happy with his fitness and wants him to show us that he is serious. I have no evidence for that, but it is just a hunch knowing how much emphasis Mellon places on workrate.

Player
aldo
we are going first away game in around 10 years tickets beer the wife is driving sooooo looking forward to seeing Nevitt getting 3 LOL and to those on the Cowshed who have slated Nevitt I hope he scores loads and rubs your faces in it ahhhhhhh rant over

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Enjoy the game chaps.

Player
Manager
John King
Looks like 532 with KP back in the side. MacManaman and Watson drop to the bench, Morris at wing back. Foley keeps his place. A strike pairing of Mani and Glatzel which is good. Nevitt not in squad.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Strange team selection, think we are matching their system

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Suggested initially that we might try to mirror Vale and so it seems. It sounded like Foley was decent at Oldham and thought a place might be kept for him, while Maguire was some way off full fitness, so can understand the back 3 approach. Watson hasn’t really been deployed where he’s best for team reasons, perhaps he can feel a bit unlucky at not starting.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Looks like 532 with KP back in the side. MacManaman and Watson drop to the bench, Morris at wing back. Foley keeps his place. A strike pairing of Mani and Glatzel which is good. Nevitt not in squad.
Pleased if we are going 2 up front if that is the case as I have felt from first friendly that Glatzel would be better through the middle - we shall see!. Shame Nevitt is out altogether - hope it is nothing too serious.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Sounds end to end so far after Vale started brighter.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, sounds like good chances for both sides.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Too many over ambitious short balls.We are not yet Barcelona!! However some decent play that said and they have put in a couple of great blocks to stop goal bound efforts
Mani needs to raise energy levels as is being beaten ends up on headers. Terrible ref suspect someone will get sent off at this rate. Spearing a concern as on a yellow. Glatzel doing well.
They started very strong but are nothing special. Don't expect it to finish goaless either way...