• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Vale v Rovers

ADD

Player
Norwood
TBH I am not that disappointed. Yes I know Vale are manager less but the game would likely have been a lottery with the pitch in poor condition.
Also given so many new players is it such a bad thing that we have an extra 4 days to bed them in and check on their fitness levels. Dagnall will now have had at least have 2 or 3 training sessions so he is more likely to be ready to start than he would have been if the game had been on today.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
It does make you wonder though....as at 8.15 today it's the only fixture in the whole of top four divisions that's been called off.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Having said that, the Vale keeper has been in the press this week berating the club for the state of the pitch saying it's had no money spent on it in decades.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It does make you wonder though....as at 8.15 today it's the only fixture in the whole of top four divisions that's been called off.
Crewe’s game off as well. Better the decision was taken early. It’s a bit frustrating we’re not playing Vale now while they’re without a manager.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Not a great set of results for us yesterday, with Exeter, Colchester and Stevenage all winning. We are now eight points off the play offs, albeit with a game in hand on the top seven.

I always thought it was unlikely we would challenge for the play offs this season. However, if we could somehow win the next two home games, we would probably be only three to four points adrift with two very winnable fixtures to follow.

In reality, with the turnover of players in the last month, we might struggle to find consistency in the weeks ahead.

Player
Manager
John King
Over 1,000 tickets were sold for the original fixture, although some of them will have been returned.

Player
Manager
John King
We try again at Vale Park.

The hosts are in appalling form at the moment and lost a relegation six-pointer at home to Morecambe on Saturday. However, it did not seem that they actually played badly in that match, so I hope their luck does not change on Tuesday. Their obvious threat is Tom Pope, although they seem to have struggled for goals all season. If we do win, it will be good to get some belated revenge on John Askey, who has not made much impression since leaving his Moss Rose comfort zone.

I think we will line up with the same team as Saturday and over 1,000 SWA will be in attendance. This is our game in hand and we really need to win it.

Last edited:

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Not seen any pre-match interview with MM yet or any injury updates. I'm assuming if everyone's fit it will be the same starting xi as Cambridge.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Time is running out for any playoff challenge, so this is really a "must win" and I think we will - by 2-0. The new players are bedding in.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Not s surprise altho i’d still always have Johnny smith in the team.

Will be disappointed if we’re struggling and he brings daggers on ahead of Mullin again

Player
Manager
John King
Good half from Rovers. We scored a great counter attacking goal which settled us, and we have played some good stuff. Vale look bereft if confidence, Pope their only real threat. Hope we can stay solid.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Hope we can see this through. 2 goals for Tollit tonight.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Get in rovers. A vital win and with a home game on Saturday against bottom Notts Country we can close that play off gap even more.

Well done Tollit too. Don’t wrote him off yet

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Superb result and just what we needed to keep the run going.