• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

TRFC v Walsall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
OK folks, it's fun and games time again, and this time Rovers are at home to Walsall on Saturday. It seems like the games are coming thick and fast and Barnes needs to a result in this game to break the losing streak of 5 games.

Walsall find themselves three points ahead in the league sitting in 15th place. Their away record so far reads, won 1, lost 1 draw 1.

Barnes is without loanee Gunning as he returns to Blackburn however new signing Marlon Broomes could step into the side to partner Goodison if Barnes decides against starting Ash Taylor in the central defensive position.

Barnes also has Michael Ricketts and Kithson Bain (pictured) to call on and I wouldn't be surprised if we see one of them lining up fron the start to add a bit of firepower to Rovers' weak forward line.

Post your thoughts on the game here.

Don't forget, tickets can be purchased before the game @ https://www.eticketing.co.uk/trfc/default.aspx or pick up the phone and dial the Ticket Office on 0871 221 2001.

0,,10365%7E7067319,00.jpg

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Barnes also has Michael Ricketts and Kithson Bain (pictured) to call on and I wouldn't be surprised if we see one of them lining up fron the start to add a bit of firepower to Rovers' weak forward line.

Nah. Well, not unless Ricketts' fitness has come on leaps and bounds. Bain will almost certainly not be fit or sharp enough to hop straight into the starting XI.

I can't go tomorrow, so will be reliant on you guys providing an in-depth analysis of our 6th straight defeat.

DWaltz

"will be reliant on you guys providing an in-depth analysis of our 6th straight defeat"

that helps everyone that mate, nice one dickhead. why dont you just **** off and leave the club alone?

DWaltz

and as for not going on saturday, heres an idea id rather you didnt go again to be honest. your probably one of the worst fans we have got and we have some bad ones. we have the worst support in the league by far.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
and as for not going on saturday, heres an idea id rather you didnt go again to be honest. your probably one of the worst fans we have got and we have some bad ones. we have the worst support in the league by far.

The reason that I'm not going is that I'm on holiday...and I think this will be the first league game at PP I've missed for over 4-5 years.

If your idea of supporting the club is telling long-standing fans to stop turning up, then alrighty. Personally I think we need all the support and money we can get. Thanks for the input though sweetiepie, just don't expect me to stop coming to games anytime soon on the basis that some numpty on the internet had a hissy fit about literally nothing.

LOL imagine him and Ricketts up top? Slightly more imposing than Thomas-Moore and Curran...

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Hey chaps, time to kiss and make up! Afraid I'm not confident. Immediately after Carlisle, JB suggested drastic team changes, but has since gone back on that. I'd like to see either Mahon or Barnett starting in central midfield, but our management seem unwilling to replace McLaren and Welsh, who have been as poor as the wide midfield imo. Broomes to come in for Gunning. I fear the crowd may dip below 5k.

tea for two

Player
johnny morrissey
i think we just got to take one game at a time.confidence must be low at the moment but hopefully a win might be just round the corner.barnes has just got to drill into his players recent results havent been good enough and the players have to go out and show the fans that they want to play for the shirt.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
yeah, confidence is low at the moment and the players have to dig deep to get themselves out of this poor form. there's no better time to do this than on saturday, playing at home. a win would do wonders for confidence. its difficult at the moment, i think a lot of people are on a downer, but im going to remain positive for this game.

kithson will set us off nicely with a wonder goal in the first 10 minutes and broomes will have the defence nicely organised for a clean sheet.

kithson and bain did well for the reserves the other night. maybe its time barnes started to acknowledge barnetts ability and actually give him a game!

2-0 win. :)

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
ohh dear...
kithson and barnett i meant.

TRFCJason

Player
John Aldridge
I've just read the match report for the reserves game and it did sound positive for Bain and Barnett, I would like to see them both play this weekend but I've got a feeling he won't play them, I hope I'm wrong.

3-1 Khitson Bain hat-trick.

Lets be positive and go for it Johnny.

Don't start contradicting yourself know, you've got along way to go, i hope!!!

Player
Jimmy Harvey
I juist cant see things being turned around that much that we will win. Perhaps simply turning in a performance would be a major imporovement?

(just a note on people argueing on here, unfortunately this is what happens when the team are underperforming. BUT ripping into each other aint going to help anyone.)

My prediction 0-1 Walsall. Still cant see us scoring.

Before people start wanting to publicly hang me for negativity I am sure people would sooner see me making an honest prediction based on what I have seen so far.

Player
Goodison
Im going to be optimistic and say Rovers will score 2 goals but it depends on how many we concede! I think Barnett will get a game but Bain will probably be on the bench.

Team I would play:

Daniels

Edds Goodison Broomes Creswell

Barnett Taylor McLaren Fraughan

Thomas-Moore Ricketts

Subs: Collister, Bain, Mahon, Curran, Gornell, Welsh, Shuker

I would happily drop McLaren or Welsh has niether have done much so far but McLaren tends to have more of an impact at home so I would play him. Ash Taylor could provide a bit of height and muscle in midfield which has been missing since Kay left.

Player
Jimmy Harvey
Completely agree with you apart from would play Mahon instead of Mclaren.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
For the record I wasn't argueing with anyone! Just got randomly shotued at and told I wasn't welcome at Prenton Park anymore, lol.

RTID, I don't think Ash Taylor and Ryan Fraughan are better than John Welsh and Alan Mahon...and you mention height but Mclaren is actually a few inches taller than Kay. Welsh is growing on me. I don't mind the two of them, I just think they're being hindered being asked to play so deep.

I don't expect to see many changes from the side that has lined up at home over the past few games. Maybe Ricketts will start, It'll be interesting to see how he does when fit and playing 90mins week in week out. Despite obvious lack of fitness, he's looked fairly promising coming off the bench on the occasions I've seen him. Apparently he was bad at Leeds though...

Player
Goodison
RTID, I don't think Ash Taylor and Ryan Fraughan are better than John Welsh and Alan Mahon...and you mention height but Mclaren is actually a few inches taller than Kay.

I think Welsh is better then Ash Taylor and Mahon probably better then Fraughan but I feel dropping them might bring the best out of them in the next game or from the bench. Just to give them a kick up the backside really. McLaren may be a bit taller then Kay but he's not exactly the kind of player who gets into aerial battles.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Tend to agree with RTID, McLaren and Welsh need shaking out of their complacency. Unlike Shuker + Mahon, they never seem to get subbed either. Both look exactly what they are; players who struggled to make an impact in L2 last season.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
barnes was given the dreaded vote of confidence early this week. if we lose today, it could be curtains for the liverpool legend. having said that i still dont want us to lose! come on u whites!!

Status
Not open for further replies.