• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Transfer window

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'm unsure, even if Vaughan doesn't sign, that we need a new right-back. Buxton, Sutton, Duggan and Gumbs are all able to play there, think it might be Buxton's preferred position. If MM is thinking of playing with wing-backs, it might become necessary to get someone with more pace in.

Hope that RLCs information on Pilling re-signing is correct.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I agree with Boz that we don't need a right back.

Actually, I am not sure we need another striker either, at least not a high profile one. We saw the problems with keeping Cook and Stockton happy last season, and we already have Connor Jennings who is prolific and can play in a front two if necessary. I suppose a lot depends on how Mangan performs next season.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I agree with Boz that we don't need a right back.

Actually, I am not sure we need another striker either, at least not a high profile one. We saw the problems with keeping Cook and Stockton happy last season, and we already have Connor Jennings who is prolific and can play in a front two if necessary. I suppose a lot depends on how Mangan performs next season.

we will need another striker, mangan was very poor last season and if cook were to get injured then we could struggle for goals

Player
Manager
John King
It is unlikely we will bring in anyone as good as cook and both norwood and Jennings are decent goalscorers. If cook is out for any length of time, we are probably fooked anyway.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Not that it would happen but I think Jennings would do well playing up front. At least the option is there if needed as RLC mentions above.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I'm unsure, even if Vaughan doesn't sign, that we need a new right-back. Buxton, Sutton, Duggan and Gumbs are all able to play there, think it might be Buxton's preferred position. If MM is thinking of playing with wing-backs, it might become necessary to get someone with more pace in.

Hope that RLCs information on Pilling re-signing is correct.
Buxton and Sutton are reliable traditional right-backs. I haven't seen Gumbs play there. However, if we need more of a wing-back, maybe Duggan should be tried out in pre-season.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Broadly agree with that BBTC, save Sutton is primarily a central defender, who can play at right- back.

Player
Manager
John King
Going off topic, we got a mention on the Andrew Marr show this morning. The odious Toby Young said that Labour claiming the election result was a a success was like 'Tranmere Rovers losing 4-3 to a Premier League team and claiming it as a victory'.

I think the patronising, right-wing berk needs reminding that we beat Premier League teams 4-3. :)

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Shouldn't you be grateful to people like Young, who joined the Labour party to select Corbyn as leader, in the mistaken belief that they'd be unelectable? Left to their own devices, Labour might have gone for one of the 'safer' options.

While Young is clearly clueless about football and the Tranmere analogy inept, nobody actually won the election just gone.

Player
Manager
John King
Shouldn't you be grateful to people like Young, who joined the Labour party to select Corbyn as leader, in the mistaken belief that they'd be unelectable? Left to their own devices, Labour might have gone for one of the 'safer' options.

While Young is clearly clueless about football and the Tranmere analogy inept, nobody actually won the election just gone.
Well, we certainly know who lost it. As it happens, I actually voted against corbyn in the leadership elections on both occasions !

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I'm afraid this last election has brought out the worst in almost all the politicians who have opened their mouth. Despite no party actually winning, most of them are claiming victory or some sort of success.

Thankfully, football is much more clear cut. And sadly, we can't claim last season was successful.

Player
Manager
John King
Despite not achieving their ultimate objective, I would say that tranmere's season and the labour campaign were both successful in a variety of ways, the latter bringing the best out of corbyn. Anyway, that is enough of politics (until the election next month......).

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I see that Luke Pilling was voted goalkeeper of the tournament at the tournoi. Brilliant achievement.
If he played throughout as well as he did at Maidstone, I'm not surprised. I hope we give him a two/three year deal asap. The problem now is how to keep him and Scott Davies happy next season. Clearly, Scotty is first choice but now Iain Turner has been released, Luke will surely be on the bench.