• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Transfer window

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Sounds like Kingsley James is going there as well. They will have a much better side next season.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Delighted Buxton has signed up.
He can more than handle himself in the hurly burly of this rotten league and is no mean footballer to boot.
He looked more useful as the season progressed (perhaps as his fitness improved) and he'll be all the better for a decent pre-season.
And he said nice things about our club!

drwhoman

I see Thomas has also left Dover for Sutton. Less travelling if you are London based I suppose! You would hope that MM will announce a signing or two sooner rather than later.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
You would hope that MM will announce a signing or two sooner rather than later.
We say this every year. Don't think there's any particular rush to make signings.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
I think this year we have more players still under contract than for a long time.
Thankfully there's very little dead wood in that list.
Can't see MM going gung ho in the market while there's still contracts on the table. I'm pretty sure he'll have an eye on suitable additions already though.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Omotola signs for Altricham who I assume are in national league north. I would have kept him and will be interesting how he does.

Elsewhere ex rover Jake Cassidy signs for Hartlepool. Jake did ok for Guiseley last season scoring about a dozen. Perhaps his signing will signal Amond leaving the club who we've been linked with.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Alty are in the league below NLN now. Thought Omatola might have secured a better deal.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Agree that Omatola might have been kept on for at least one more season, out on loan, see where he's at by then.
Eventually Dunn deal (ha) confirmed.
One year deal is right, he had an absolute mare when he came on at Wembley, almost clearing the stands with a few attempts on goal but at least he wanted things to happen.
Wouldn't have been too arsed if he didn't sign but he has and more than happy to get behind him.
He's clearly got talent and we probably didn't see the best of him through injury.
Yet another signee who lists SWA as major reason for putting ink to paper.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I thought Dunn might have been offered a longer deal. Don't know whether it's a bit of a shop window to show what he's capable of. While I agree with Cowshed Kid that his Wembley showing wasn't great, there was one of his long-rangers which would have probably gone in if it hadn't been deflected.

Player
Manager
John King
I would guess it was our decision not to offer him two years, purely because he has not played much senior football.

drwhoman

Fair comment RLC. This boy has potential. Hopefully with MM's guidance it can be tapped to our advantage. MM is clearly in no rush with additional signings but I just hope we do not miss out on the better players because we are not aggressive enough. In the past, we have been left contemplating what is left of the pool of players available.

Player
Manager
John King
I just hope we do not miss out on the better players because we are not aggressive enough. In the past, we have been left contemplating what is left of the pool of players available.

There is no way that is the case now as (a) we have the money to compete with anybody at this level and (b) we already have a very strong squad which only requires fine-tuning, not a major overhaul.

Our recruitment in the last two summers was generally very good.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Still need someone with pace at the back together with another forward (possibly in the pipeline) and a keeper, if Pilling doesn't sign up.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I thought Dunn might have been offered a longer deal. Don't know whether it's a bit of a shop window to show what he's capable of. While I agree with Cowshed Kid that his Wembley showing wasn't great, there was one of his long-rangers which would have probably gone in if it hadn't been deflected.
Absolutely, Boz. While Dunn was perhaps a bit naive and should have been more aware of his team mates, if one of those crosses/shots had gone in it might have changed the game and he would have been a hero. By the time he came on, we were looking very flat and predictable, so he gave me some hope.

I too am surprised he was happy to accept a one-year deal, but maybe he thinks if he can impress at this level, he'll attract bigger clubs. In any case, I think it's a coup for Micky, as clearly Jack has faith that he will help him become a better player. Personally, if he can remain injury free, I expect Jack to become a key ingredient next season by adding something different.

M

Mal

Personally, if any of us really knew what we were talking about , we would be manager of TR! Opinion based on 8 games is likely to be suspect as far as dunn is concerned so I am happy to see how he performs when given an injury free run.

drwhoman

I am surprised that Liverpool have released Adam Phillips who is a talented midfielder but too much competition in that space I suppose. Will probably get a gig in the FL. He would add some youth to the midfield but we are probably already well served there I imagine.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
if he can stay fit and improve his decision making will be a good signing for us, right back, centre half & centre forward are probably needed now to complete the squad depending on if Vaughan & steve Jennings sign

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Personally, if any of us really knew what we were talking about , we would be manager of TR!
Actually, if you knew what you were talking about you would have more sense than to become the Rovers manager. ;)

Reactions: Boz