• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Transfer dead line day

Player
aldo
so its closes at 5 will we ship some out and will we get the forward we so badly need if we do will prob be a loan if we can find a Cassidy type of loan would be fab but they are so few and far between its going to be interesting few hours and let's face it I have em to wast lol

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
if we can find a Cassidy type of loan would be fab but they are so few and far between its going to be interesting few hours and let's face it I have em to wast lol
As long as not like the last Cassidy loan where he was dreadful!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I am sure we have a number of strikers in mind, but there will also be competition for them. Money may also be an issue. There will be a lot of brinkmanship today as clubs try to get the best deals. I think we may end up with another young loanee. I just hope the days are over when we got desperate and signed a Ponticelli or an Akammadu. :(

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
It appears unlikely we will sign a striker but could be a right back according to another site.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Not sure what time the deadline is but surely there is some sort of striker out there. We can’t rely on Ferrier and Payne is out for a while. Even Vaughan has had injuries in the past too.
Another right back is less of a priority as to cover O’Connor we have nelson and rides who can do a job there albeit not ideal.

surely we can find a striker from somewhere to come to us

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Not sure what time the deadline is but surely there is some sort of striker out there. We can’t rely on Ferrier and Payne is out for a while. Even Vaughan has had injuries in the past too.
Another right back is less of a priority as to cover O’Connor we have nelson and rides who can do a job there albeit not ideal.

surely we can find a striker from somewhere to come to us
I am not sure we really need another striker.

Jacko's preference is for playing one up front and we have Payne and Ferrier to come back in the medium term.

Woolery is also capable of doing a job up front, as we saw last week, and Burton can play there in an emergency.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Have to agree to disagree but I’ll be disappointed if we don’t bring a striker in. Payne is a few weeks away and who knows about Ferrier. We can’t just rely on Vaughan and one striker at home doesn’t always work as we’ve seen. Woolery isn’t an out and out front man and wouldn’t get enough goals.

Anyway only 7 minutes to go!!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
The deal sheet had to be into the league by 5pm doesn't mean a deal will be announced by then.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I'm surprised we took the loanee from Newcastle this week and we must be nervous about making further commitments, without any players leaving, in the current climate.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think at this stage we would be unlikely to bring in a striker of any real quality, and I would not see the point in bringing in another body if the players mentioned will be returning in the next few weeks.

In reality, I think we will be reliant on Vaughan because there are very few strikers of his ability around.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
We have to wait to see if anything is announced

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Sam Smith joins on loan from reading until January. A former united youth player he was on loan at Cambridge last season. Not eligible to play tomorrow but sounds will thought of

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Thanks Sparky. Looks decent.