• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere vs Man United (U21s)

Salfordwhite

Player
Michael Ricketts
Scheduled for Wednesday the 4th December (7.45pm) the same evening as the Merseyside Derby.

Although the enthusiasm for this competition is mixed this would have been a good opportunity to get some bums on seats.

However i feel the Derby being on TV this will put off some casual fans.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
However i feel the Derby being on TV this will put off some casual fans.
Good. The smaller the crowd the better as far as I am concerned.

It actually would not surprise me if the club have deliberately chosen that date in order to suppress numbers. The Chairman hates this competition as much as most of us do.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Let's make the most of it and give the fringe players a run out. CBJ can't play against his parent club, but he's now a first-teamer anyway. We can't/won't risk any injuries to the regulars, so I expect we may bow out at this stage. In a way, it's a shame as I've got used to our annual pilgrimage to Wembley. ;)

ADD

Player
Norwood
Struggling to get excited in one sense but a good test for the boys. I just hope some of the youngsters get a game so we know where we stand squad wise going forward

Player
Manager
John King
Woods, Spellman, Walker-Rice, Maddox and Pilling all start. A younger and probably weaker team than our previous matches in this competition.

Wilson is eligible to play and also starts.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
What was the 15 mins extra for?

Player
aldo
my god the manc kids are dirty fkers . the 15 mins where for rush getting injured and a reds lad having a nasty head injury . they just had a lad red carded for pushing are lad in to our goalie . oh we won another 10k in the bank only 630 turned up. getting close to Wembley now

Player
Manager
John King
What was the 15 mins extra for?
Two serious injuries, one to RHM, another to a United player.

I think that was a great performance considering the side we had out. United were good technically and dominated the ball for long periods, but we had the better of them physically and played some good stuff in the second half in particular.

There were some encouraging performances. Maddox was excellent in the number ten role and Walker-Rice had a good game and was impressive on set plays. Payne put in a decent shift and Woods was good at left back.

The sour point is obviously the injury to Hepburn Murphy which looked nasty and did not even result in a booking for the United player.

Player
Manager
John King
my god the manc kids are dirty fkers . the 15 mins where for rush getting injured and a reds lad having a nasty head injury . they just had a lad red carded for pushing are lad in to our goalie . oh we won another 10k in the bank only 630 turned up. getting close to Wembley now
The lowest crowd for a 'competitive' game in our history.