• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere v Crewe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
First things first, so seasons greetings to all White Reviewers.

A massive game for Rovers following the humiliation at the County Ground. This match looks by far the hardest of our Christmas fixtures as Crewe are in good form, and seem to have combined thier trademark passing game with some additional steel this season. Max Clayton, their under-18 international striker is the most touted of their current crop of youngsters but seems to have been replaced in recent games by De La Valle with the excellently named Arsenal loanee Chuks Aneke in midfield.

With Wallace still absent, Ronnie has suggested there will be one change, which presumably means either Goodison or Holmes will be replaced. Crewe play a 3-5-2 which could pose us some problems, but hopefully for once at PP we will impose ourselves early on and their tactics won't be an issue.

Evwn with Wallace missing, I think all three games over the holiday period are winnable and give us a great chance to gain some momentum again. The weather forecast for Boxing Day morning is not too bad so hopefully the game will go ahead, as a postponement is the last thing we need.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
A game we need to win to get back on track will be tough against a good passing team.

I would bring in Daniels for Goodison & Kay for Holmes who for me hasnt been as solid in recent games. We could also do with Robbo hitting top form again.

Should be a decent crowd im going for 1 1.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
What is the news on Zoum's hamstring?

When the majority of the side were well-below par v Swindon, it doesn't seem fair to single out one or two individuals. Daniels is supposedly a very talented youngster and I wouldn't mind seeing him get a run-out, unsure when his loan ends though. Overall, Holmes is a better player than Kay, but he has been going through a rough patch lately. However my preference would be to start him v Crewe. Arguably Ronnie would be better re-shaping the team as a whole on the back of the Swindon game.

Aneke came on as sub at the Gresty Road game and didn't impress, but seems to have come on in leaps and bounds as his loan's extended. They didn't look that great as a side back in August, but will be more of a threat now.

Prediction:If the weather holds, there should be a reasonable crowd of around 7k. In current circumstances, I would take a point.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
What is the news on Zoum's hamstring?

When the majority of the side were well-below par v Swindon, it doesn't seem fair to single out one or two individuals.

I agree. I would be tempted to simply send the same eleven out and say 'do better this time' rather than make changes in personnel: I don't think any of the defenders we have on the bench are better than the ones currently in the team, and certainly would not want to see Holmes replaced with Kay.

Zoum's injury has not been mentioned, so I assume it was nothing serious, just a knock.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Prediction:If the weather holds, there should be a reasonable crowd of around 7k. In current circumstances, I would take a point.

current circumstances are that we are desperate for a win and playing an average side at home

gotta win this one

if you put a loaded gun to my head i might consider dropping holmes for kay but prob not

tea for two

Player
johnny morrissey
the team needs to do a lot better.players like robinson ash taylor havent performed .robinson was doing it at the start of the season.i think goodison should be left out and they should give the young lad a game from west brom.tranmere need to win today.i reckon the gate will be just over 6000.

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
missing this one cos me the wife and our daughter have the lurgy, but going for 2-1 to us, though any win would be greatfully snatched from them. Hopefully be fit and raring to go for Saturday....=D>=D>

M

Mal

Well, Amplesou, what happened to the positive comments when Tranmere equalised and then scored the winner? No point just making sarcastic comments when things look bleak.

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
well they did look bleak ...

well done lads .

lets get the three points on saturday

Max power ..look good pre season but has been overlooked

wallace /power cetral midfeld ...?

Mal.. hardly sarcastic more depressing news at the time..i think

Status
Not open for further replies.