• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Tranmere v Cheltenham

Tranmere v Cheltenham
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, September 19, 2020 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, September 19, 2020 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Rovers welcome The Robins to Prenton Park for their first home league match of the season. Tranmere will be looking for maximum points at home after three draws on the bounce. Tranmere welcome new additions Kaiyne Woolery and Liam Feeney to the squad to bolster the attack although they are not expected to feature due to match fitness.

Cheltenham's season got off to a flyer with two away wins in cup competitions but have since lost their last two games against Morecambe (1-2) and Millwall (3-1).

Tranmere are favourites to win the game at 6/4 (2.5). The draw comes in at 9/4 (3.25) while the odds on Cheltenham taking all three points are 19/10 (2.9).

Sadly, no fans will be in attendance but all season tickets holders can watch the match free on iFollow.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Could have done with Feeney and Woolery featuring as this won’t be easy against the robins who made the play offs last season. CBT still a few weeks away. Ferrier has the same injury but less severe.
We should get an idea whether Jacko will play 2 recognised strikers at home if Vaughan and Payne both start.
Prediction- wouldn’t be surprised with 0-0 or a narrow win

ADD

Player
Norwood
Think Jacko has to start getting more aggressive notwithstanding the lack of availability of the new recruits plus CBT and Ferrier. Will be very disappointed if we don't start with 2 up front at home tomorrow. We need a win to get the season going so here's hoping we set up and play with ambition and get the first win under our belts. Will go for 2-1 win if we play 2 up front or a 1-0 defeat if we play Vaughan up front by himself.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I’m feeling more upbeat about this one and daring not only to say I think we’ll win but also that we’ll score twice. I’m predicting a 2-1 win although right now any sort of win would be great.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Cheltenham were the form team of the second half of last season in League Two and have some decent players, such as Liam Sercombe and Reuben Reid. However, their form has been up and down so far, as has been commented.

I think we will start in a 442 with Vaughan and Payne up front; it seems that Woolery is some distance from being involved, but Feeney might make the bench.

I fancy us to win this one.

Player
aldo
hi, all another busy week I am off on a weekend away in a very quiet welsh log cabin. I am sooooo looking forward to it, shame the new lads are not ready to play hoping for a good home start we need goals

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
hi, all another busy week I am off on a weekend away in a very quiet welsh log cabin. I am sooooo looking forward to it, shame the new lads are not ready to play hoping for a good home start we need goals
Glad you are getting a break with the family. Sounds like you need it.

Player
aldo
just me and wifey. the little one is with my sister and her girls. we have taken £100k between the bar and food since we come back from lockdown we have been so busy the last month and a half we have been on 75hr weeks. just to say all is fresh mad on-site and the rep we are getting is fab when you see so many places getting shut of staff we cant cope at times with the size of the kitchen it's small and needs work

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'd agree that we need a more attacking line-up for this game, but are hampered by the absence of Woolery and still in the dark over the situation with Ferrier. The visitors are a decent side and will want to bounce back after their opening day set-back. The fly in the ointment, is the return of referee Carl Boyeson who has been one of the worst officials we've encountered at FL level. Don't think we've won a game when he's in the middle for a number of years and he was the ref who harshly sent CBT off at Lincoln a real game-changer last season.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Todays programme if you fancy a read before the game.

Attachments

• cheltenham_programme_1992020_02_compressed_compressed.01.pdf
    9.4 MB · Views: 288
Last edited:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I have a spare code for the match on iFollow if anyone wants it. PM me.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Ellis, Ridehalgh and Lewis start, MacDonald and Banks drop to the bench. Looks like a 532 with Khan playing just off Vaughan.

Feeney is a substitute, as is George Ray.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Time will tell but disappointing we’ve only one recognised striker on the pitch at home.
feeney on the bench plus Payne.
Still don’t think Vaughan suited to the lone striker role but let’s see.

almost looks like too much respect to our opponents

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Hopefully they can get forward and support Vaughan otherwise he's going to become isolated. At least we have some options on the bench.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Agree with what's been said above. While it didn't sound like Banks had a great game last week, makes more sense to me to deploy Lewis in the away games, where we'll need to defend more and use Banks at home. Though maybe a fitness issue with Ollie?

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Agree with what's been said above. While it didn't sound like Banks had a great game last week, makes more sense to me to deploy Lewis in the away games, where we'll need to defend more and use Banks at home. Though maybe a fitness issue with Ollie?

yes to be fair Ollie said pre match he wasn’t as fit as he could be. But at home with only one striker he is capable of getting a goal from midfield

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Lost the toss - attacking kop first half - although does it really matter?!