• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere v Cheltenham

Tranmere v Cheltenham
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, August 11, 2018 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, August 11, 2018 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
We've lost the last two meetings at PP against the Robins. 0-1 against Gary Johnson's NL champions and 2-3 from 2 up under Rob Edwards. Their fans are disgruntled about the failure to adequately replace Mo Eisa, striker sold to Bristol City, their move for Danny Rowe also stalling.

Hard to call, so I'm going for the spoils being shared in front of a crowd of about 7k including around 200 from Cheltenham.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
1-1 for me as I think MM still has some sorting out to do to sort out his first eleven and system. Crowd 5,900

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Their manager has said they know they'll get a 'good reception'.
A 1-0 win with SWA in full voice!
6k plus attendance

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Over 4,700 pre-sales as of this afternoon, so it will certainly be a healthy gate.

rossb07

Player
Adam Buxton
Feeling a 2-1 win but honestly would love us to stick a decent amount past them with no return to keep the positivity flowing going into a tough few weeks of games.

Last edited:
Player
ian goodison
I don't mind admitting this but im 70 next year and sitting here with butterflies looking forward to todays game really want a win but just glad to be playing league footy hate predicting but sod it 3-1 noors 2 Sutton 1

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Carnival atmosphere at Prenton Park ! 3-0. Come on whites!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
We have been excellent. Smith and Jennings superb. Just need the second goal.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Agree re second goal, missed a couple of decent chances and their keeper has made some good saves.

Sutton off injured. A little surprised Monthe on ahead of Ellis.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Agreed. Shame that second hasn’t come yet. Also forgot how good Banks is.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
A great end to a frustrating week. When you consider that Stevenage won at Crawley, it makes last week's draw even more impressive.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
As is often the case a slightly nervy ending in a game we should have won comfortably.

Started very well. Great pressing and energy and a great strike from Nors to give us the lead. After that we kept going and wasn’t surprised monthe came on as a left footer.
Second half a bit scrappy but Nors was wasteful of 2 great chances and made the wrong decisions in other good opportunities.

A win is a win and encouraging we played so well albeit against a poor Cheltenham side. Man of the match. Thought banks and Norwood were very good but Jennings for me who worked his socks off.

Of the home debutants. Thought caprice was ok if not spectacular. Tried to get forward. Smith looks decent but I’m never a fan of playing left footers on the right. CJ was excellent but I’d still like Tollit in the starting eleven. Stockton I’m afraid didn’t impress. He only has one tricky which is the back to goal and turn. I didn’t think he held it up well overall and his control wasn’t great.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Wow. It was great seeing the lads running around again. We were the much better team overall despite the pressure from the visitors in the second half.

We could have scored four or five but we’re guilty of missing some very good chances. They need to be put away against better teams otherwise we’ll get punished.

Four points in two games. Great start!