• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere Rovers v Port Vale

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

championship_here_we_come

with notts forrest losinbg 4-0 currently this is our chance to go top once again, lets hope we dont mess it up like the last 3 chnces we have had

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
This is probably the best chance we will get to go top... when we played Huddersfield we didn't know Forest were struggling at Vale but this time we know if we win we go top on goal difference! I hope we don't mess this chance up as it could start getting psychological if we keep missing chances to go top as we may start thinking we will never go top. Somehow I can't see 5-0... but that would be nice and would send out a statement to the league. If we wan't to go up though this is a game we have to be winning!!

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
I can see us wining comfortably. Hmmm.....3-0 Rovers.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
This one's super important for a few reasons. Vale play Rotherham today and should win. This will put them level on points with us going into this game so it makes for an excellent tie.

The Forest fans haven't been happy this past few weeks and there appears to be big holes in their game. I admit Scunthorpe played a fantastic ball possesion game yestreday, but I think Forests poor performance only helped to make Scunny look better. I think it's only a matter of time before someone steps up and overtakes them in the table. i'd love it to be us!

I'm really looking forward to this one.

I'll go with 2-1 win for us!!

favo94

Player
Was ian sharps
Must win game! My thoughts and alot of other peoples are until we bring in another goal scorer then things aint gonna get any better. come on ronny and get the goal machine we need.....

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Port Vale 0-2 Rotherham... not finished yet. Hope we don't get the backlash on Friday!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
With the players we've available at present, the best we could expect is a narrow win.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Ronnie is hoping to bring in a striker on loan before Friday... He's finding it hard though to get a quality experienced one in though and is worried about it not being fair on Davies if he brings a young striker in who he has to play ahead of him. Thats fair enough, but if we don't have a striker to come on then he'll have to go and do it.

it would be nice to get some extra bodies in but i think davies deserves a chance!the poor lad hasn't done anything wrong and should be given more opportunities. i reckon 4-1 on friday greenacre hat-trick.get down the bookies it's a cert!!!:-D

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
I hate all this talk of 'bring in a loan striker', I don't think it really works, just look at how many loan players we had last season and where it got us. That Francis lad from Sheffield Utd was the only decent one. What's the point of having a youth system if we don't bloody use it? Give Davies a chance, he's a local lad after all and has proven that he can get the odd goal at this level.

Looks like I'm going to be able to get to the game on Friday, I'll be in Preston all day for work so I think I'll pay a little visit to Prenton Park on my way home :wink:

Vale were the worst team I saw last year, home and away and I think their form so far this season has flattered them. 2-0 Rovers =D>

SUPER WHITE ARMY

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
Comfortable win I think. No reason why we can't take all three points.
It wil be a harder gem as Vale are up there or there abouts but still should be a 3 points for Rovers.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
I hate all this talk of 'bring in a loan striker', I don't think it really works, just look at how many loan players we had last season and where it got us. That Francis lad from Sheffield Utd was the only decent one. What's the point of having a youth system if we don't bloody use it? Give Davies a chance, he's a local lad after all and has proven that he can get the odd goal at this level.

I completely agree with what you are saying but Ronnie just wants some backup - if one of the 2 remaining fit strikers we have gets a knock we're down to just 1. He doesn't want to bring a young untried player as that would be unfair to Davo but an experienced striker with proven goalscoring quality (hopefully) would add to the side while Taylor/Zola are recovering.

white life

white for life
Player
John Achterberg, Craig Curran and Anthony Kay
hoping that we go all out on friday night with davies and greenacre. i'd rather see a battling win at this stage than a flashy draw. who cares if we can play good football if we don't win. its nice to see it but if it doesn't work then the opposition (in this case port vale) are laughing. saying this i can see a 3-1 win in the making. c'mon the whites

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Everyone seeming very confident... good to see! Lets hope we are all happy after the match on Friday and the lads have picked up the 3 points to put us top of the league momentarily. I do feel we need back up for the two strikers though.

Player
Morrisey
I really cannot see us leaking a goal if McReady is playing. I remember last season Vale had numerous attempts on goal but none of them went in. The battle will be in their area and I think that Davies and Greenacre will have the pace to harry them.

DixieDean

In front of a crowd of 7,777 we will see 7 goals in a 4-3 thriller....

Player
Morrisey
I think we will just top 8,000. I think that Davies will bag two goals tomorrow. He knows he has something to proove.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Team: Ward, Stockdale, McCready, Goodison, Sherriff, Shuker, McLaren, Mullin, Ellison, Greenacre, Davies.

Subs: Achterberg, Tremarco, McAteer, Jennings, Harrison.

I would have put Curran on the bench just so we had some attacking influence on the bench or even Jones. Otherwise not bad.

Shuker and Greenacre have come close so far and the atmosphere sounds good. Is anyone going to be on the chat? Reply here if you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.