• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere Lunch Canada deal

Player
aldo
Another deal and another country Tranmere are in . a deal with Halton hawks . good to hear abt a accademy could be up and running in 5 years and we get first dibs on there best players . all looking rosie . again well done all involved

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
No issue with this, if it is financially lucrative. The China project doesn’t seem to have met expectations in that regard (yet). However work permit issues make it unlikely we’ll get any players out of it.

Player
aldo
unless they have english parents or grand parents . think its more about spreading the Tranmere brand . and we can,t say they are not doing it . with the USA . China . the new investment africa and canada . they are sure getting around

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
AM, looking at the title of this thread, you really do have food on the brain.
Yes, it's great news and Canadians should be easier to deal with.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
No issue with this, if it is financially lucrative. The China project doesn’t seem to have met expectations in that regard (yet).
I wonder if the real benefit of these overseas projects is that they raise the club's profile and allow us to network with potential investors (eg. Santini) ? I don't think it is clear that any of the projects have actually made a profit yet, and there seem to be problems repatriating money from China.

Player
aldo
that is defo what they are doing. and if it works .then so be it you have to just look at loads of other teams who don,t do it mark and Nicky have there heads screwed on . nicky has worked abroad they know what they are doing . and in them we trust

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
that is defo what they are doing. and if it works .then so be it you have to just look at loads of other teams who don,t do it mark and Nicky have there heads screwed on . nicky has worked abroad they know what they are doing . and in them we trust
Mostly true, but I don't think that Mark and Nicky were alive to the difficulty of getting money out of China RLC alludes to.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Mostly true, but I don't think that Mark and Nicky were alive to the difficulty of getting money out of China RLC alludes to.
Agree with this, they are stepping into some unknown territories and are willing to take controlled risks. Not everything will come off but let's hope some do.

Player
ian goodison
I know we all want instant success after 2 promotions but the way mark & Nicola are going about steadying things and planning for the future means the club is in safe hands we just need a bit of patience

Player
aldo
have had 1 day off in two weeks of taking the head chefs job and looks like im gonna be a few weeks b4 my next day off . just tired but it will be worth it when settled down

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Has anyone heard anything about the club's China ventures recently? It has been quiet for months. Hearing the shenanigans going on between HMG and the Chinese government, I would imagine things won't get any easier. That would be a great shame, as I thought it was potentially a good idea.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The China project seemed to have dampened down pre-COVID, very difficult to get money out of the country.

Player
Manager
John King
We seem to be doing more work in Indonesia and elsewhere now. I don't think the international business as a whole has been wound down.

Player
Manager
John King
I will probably get abused by certain posters for saying it but......the last accounts included an international subsidiary for the first time. It seems the work is ongoing.

Player
aldo
I think the china part has been closed down nothing on it for months now. the rest seems to be doing ok