• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Three new players!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Some good news for once from the club in that youth scholars Tolani Omotola, Sam Ilesanmi and Daren Askew have been offered their first professional contracts. It's good to see another three youngsters graduating, but how long will it be before GB gives any of our youngsters a chance?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
but how long will it be before GB gives any of our youngsters a chance?
We won't be seeing them next season then! Omotola can bang them in, I'd like to see him for more than 14 minutes!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Omotola does seem a bit of a goalscorer but GB probably still thinks we only need Norwood to bang them in!

As BBTC says, will they get a chance? GB does seem to prefer the older more experienced type. Both Kirby & Margetts went out on loan this season, did well, came back, and never got a look in apart from the odd cameo.

If anything we need some youth to bring some pace to the side at the very least. On Saturday again we too often looked cumbersome and slow.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I agree Sparky, more pace would be welcome.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
They've been offered first year pro contracts, but unsure they've accepted yet. If they had a similar offer elsewhere, might it be better to take that, given Brabin's preference for overweight/unfit players rather than youngsters?

Duggan, Gumbs and Pilling have all been offered 1 year extensions, having spent the season out on loan. I'd hope they all stay, but the same concern applies. Ramsbottom, Davies and Jago have been released. Can understand the first two,but Jago's had a reasonable loan spell at Annan north of the border and a little surprised he's been let go.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I agree that Brabin's lack of interest in young players is frustrating, as well as surprising given his previous job. I hope we at least see some cameo appearances from the first and second year pros next season.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Read elsewhere that Omotola and Ilesamni have accepted their deals, unsure about Askew. Nothing on the o/s to confirm the position.