• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

third shirt

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
third shirt is coming out soon, when are we playing in it, its is v colchester but is there any more, are we playing in it against lincoln in he ldv.

and any views on the shirt?

Player
Johnny Morrissey
my view is it is a rip off and looks horrible. Dont imagine many names being on it but might be surprised? Certainly nowhere near as many as the "orginal" supporters shirt. The club think we must need our name on a shirt to think of ourselves as supporters and charge an extra £10 for the privelege. I dont think so

J

Johnny King is God

As I have said on this before - it is a great idea. I was gutted I wasnt on the last one as I live away from the Wirral so a season ticket would be pointless.

Its only £10 for gods sake, and its going towards the running of the club.

Again as I said last time, what they should have done was put the season ticket holders on AND anyone who wanted to pay for the privelage.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
they've only done it after the success of the other one. The point is, the other one was so successful cos it was original! It had never been done before in this country let alone by this club! Now its been done twice in 3 years! Anyone who had their name on the original shirt, I'd bet won't have put their name on this one.

J

Johnny King is God

thats easy to say if you were on the first. Lots of supporters dont have season tickets.

S

Seanyb

Johnny King is God said:
thats easy to say if you were on the first. Lots of supporters dont have season tickets.

Here, here. Due to my working hours I cant make every match. Doesn't make me less of a fan though. Thats why i was gutted the last one was just for the season ticket holders. I've paid the tenner anyway!

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Fair enough then, the non-season ticket holders supporters shirt we shall call it then. Of course you are no less of a supporter and I didn't imply that. I'm just saying I dont think the "commercial success" that the club expect this to be, or expected, is going to materialise. i'd happily be wrong tho

S

Seanyb

Don't worry i didn't think you were applying that. What I was mainly suggesting was that it is a good idea to open it up to non season ticket holders for this reason. In my opinion, the season ticket holders names should of been put on the shirt for free, and someone like myself should pay the 10 quid.

Our club is so commericalised now its ridicious. You can buy bricks for the club, plaques on our seat supporters shirts, etc. You just have to look at the official website for this, adverts for everything, and if you want to hear or read a decent article, then you have to pay that Tranmere World thing! Crazy!

M

Matthew The Rover

I'm not getting this shirt because it is a waist of money. Even though I'm a season ticket, my name wasn't on the Season Ticket holders shirt, so I didn't want to risk £10 this time round

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
when the shirt came out I never had that ternner to get it, i prioritise things liek highlight videos and the home shirt and away games, so I;ve never eally had that spare tenner to get it,plus £40 for the shirty, so this one I'll have to miss.

It looks horrible anyway.

SCooperSomersaults said:
Fair enough then, the non-season ticket holders supporters shirt we shall call it then. Of course you are no less of a supporter and I didn't imply that. I'm just saying I dont think the "commercial success" that the club expect this to be, or expected, is going to materialise. i'd happily be wrong tho

i agree with you 100% scoopersomersaults! it's an absolute rip off! the one off supporters shirt was a great idea, but to repeat was just a joke!iunderstand that the club are trying to generate extra cash,but they could at least come up with something new!

S

Seanyb

At the end of the day, the club have to make as much money as possible and this is one of those ways.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Yeah if the club are making money then I don't care how they do it... bring out mulitple 3rd shirts if they want... aslong as they get more money!

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Fair enough, but I generally couldn;t afford this, I havew away matches to pay for