• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Theo?

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
It's just struck me that just about the only option BL hasn't tried this season is Theo Whitmore.

What do you reckon? Couldn't hurt for 45 minutes could it :?: Haven't made it to many games this season but he did alright against Swindon in August (our last home win :cry: )

Put him in the 4-3-3 formation with Jennings and either Ranks or the new O'Leary lad.

B

Banana Army

Last seaason i would have told you to fuck off. But considering our position now, i think it would be a good idea as he cant do any worse than the current crop. Funny isnt it how he insisted playing him when we didnt want him to and now he doesnt even give him a chance.

DixieDean

You can use fancy dans and luxury players like Whitmore when you are high on confidence and opponents are scared of you.

Right now we need battlers and Whitmore is at the opposite end of the scale from that kind of player. The year we got relegated we had Koumas who quite simply wouldn't get stuck in and it cost us.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
theo came on as a sub away at bournemouth and thats all i can remember, not even reserve action neither.

M

Matthew The Rover

I have been calling for Theo for a while now. He has plenty of experience and could possibly add some creativity. Only problem is he is not match fit, as he aint played for the reserves.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think this just sums up how desperate we really are at the moment. Looking to Whitmore for inspiration!!

But you know what they say. Desperate times call for desperate measures! #-o

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Matthew The Rover said:
I have been calling for Theo for a while now. He has plenty of experience and could possibly add some creativity. Only problem is he is not match fit, as he aint played for the reserves.

So what the hell is Whitmore doing? And why the hell are Tranmere paying him a lot of money to do it. Sod all I think is the answer to the first one, and no idea to the second.

Theo proved last season that he is another one of Little's wasters and a poor signing. We were making out when he signed he would be this great playmaker, crowd pleaser, we loved him for going in goal when nobody else had the bottle and conceding 5 goals!!!

Theo can carry on doing what he has been over recent weeks imo. He should not be at the football club let alone gracing the field.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Matthew The Rover said:

That's what I was thinking. OK, he's no Humey, but at least he tries to be creative and get the ball in to feet, he doesn't just lump it over the top.

Like Ian says, desperate times, desperate measures :(

B

Banana Army

bolton_hater said:
theo came on as a sub away at bournemouth and thats all i can remember, not even reserve action neither.

Yeh i remember that. And if im right he also came on at home to swindon

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
It's worth a try but I don't think he will make much difference!

M

Matthew The Rover

Joe_TRFC said:
It's worth a try but I don't think he will make much difference!

I'd guess he'd make more of a differnce than Danny "Wasn't on the pitch against MK Dons had 5 shots at Bradford of which 4 went into the upper tier of the away stand" Harrison!

DixieDean

Danny would put 100% more effort into the 90 minutes than Theo would. 1 hard tackle and Theo doesn't want to know anymore. He is a shirker and right now we need workers.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I'd have to agree that i'd prefer Harrison in my team just on effort alone... and you have to remember Matthew that if you don't shoot, you don't score and on another day a couple of his shots may have gone in.

DixieDean said:
Danny would put 100% more effort into the 90 minutes than Theo would. 1 hard tackle and Theo doesn't want to know anymore. He is a shirker and right now we need workers.

so you would rather have a player in you're side who runs up an down a pitch for an hour and a half(who does fcuk all) than a player who might be quiet for 89mins but who sets up or scores the winning goal!

"are you little in disguise?" :!:

M

Matthew The Rover

I have to say, if you didn't go to Scunthorpe, you missed a Danny special. He played really well, connecting with the front two and the wide men well whilst setting up Facey's goal with a good knock down. Would have scored too with a thunderous right-footed shot from 18 to 20 yards out if their keeper hadn't made a good save.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I'm sure on the Championship it looked like our number 19 O'leary who set up the winner? Maybe wrong though!

DixieDean

Aldo's Worthy 2000 said:
so you would rather have a player in you're side who runs up an down a pitch for an hour and a half(who does fcuk all) than a player who might be quiet for 89mins but who sets up or scores the winning goal!

there is a big difference between being quiet for 89 mins and being a total hinderance to the side. We may as well play with 10 men than have Theo on the pitch.

So, you'd rather play with 10 men and then have Theo score in the last minute when we are already 3-0 down due to his total lack of effort? Danny gets stuck in and breaks up plenty of attacks. You'll find that's actually his job, as opposed to going forward. However he does also get forward and support the attack. Theo's job is to be more creative and to get forward. He rarely does that and is totally non existant when it comes to tracking back. He can't head the ball and can't tackle. Koumas could give Theo lessons on effort and responsibility and that is saying something.

DixieDean

Aldo's Worthy 2000 said:
"are you little in disguise?" :!:

no, are you Dave Watson in disguise? cos, you seem to know as much about football and tactics as he does... :shock: :oops: :shock:

DixieDean said:
Aldo's Worthy 2000 said:

there is a big difference between being quiet for 89 mins and being a total hinderance to the side. We may as well play with 10 men than have Theo on the pitch.

So, you'd rather play with 10 men and then have Theo score in the last minute when we are already 3-0 down due to his total lack of effort? Danny gets stuck in and breaks up plenty of attacks. You'll find that's actually his job, as opposed to going forward. However he does also get forward and support the attack. Theo's job is to be more creative and to get forward. He rarely does that and is totally non existant when it comes to tracking back. He can't head the ball and can't tackle. Koumas could give Theo lessons on effort and responsibility and that is saying something.

my theory on playin theo is that he will create more chances(opportunities) for our side! also he will please the fans! we all want our team to win and thier has to be a balance in achieving this!i.e you need defensive players and you also need attack minded players in you're side.we have enough (defensive minded) players in rankine jennings and o'leary,so what's the need for a fourth? why not balance it out with theo in thier instead? we all no theo doesn't like a good old 50-50 challange,or any other tackle for that matter but what he is capable of is supplying our strikers with inch perfect balls(passes)!everyone new koumas' quality's and that's why no one ever complained about him!if his man he was supposed to be markin' scored everyone just at to wait a few minutes for him to create or score an equaliser!and that's exactly the type(altough not as good) a player theo is!also i think greenacre and facey or who ever is playin' up-front was asked the question theo or danny? am sure thier answere would be theo!

DixieDean said:
Aldo's Worthy 2000 said:

So, you'd rather play with 10 men and then have Theo score in the last minute when we are already 3-0 down due to his total lack of effort?

if you read my post properly it does say " than a player who might be quiet for 89mins but who sets up or scores the winning goal!" #-o