• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Wycombe Trilogy (Final Act)

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Fair point, RLC. Most of big ones were under Aldo, but Kingy did get us to Wembley five times and won us our only trophy since the war (Leyland DAF).
As a third / fourth division team under Kingy, we beat top flight or second tier teams on numerous occasions (Middlesbrough, Millwall, Ipswich, Centenary Festival matches, minutes away from beating Spurs featuring Gazza and Lineker), equalling our (then) best ever performance in the League Cup twice (in 1988-89 and 1989-90) before eclipsing it by reaching the semi-final in 1994.

However, for some reason those achievements tend to be overlooked by our supporters these days.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I have just seen the highlights and to think that any of us doubted Scott! Inspired goalkeeping!

I like him and think he is upto league 1 standard but also there is no doubt for me that he needs to be challenged for his place which he probably in his time with us he hasn't really been

Reactions: Boz