• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Wycombe Trilogy (Final Act)

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
We already know that Ridehalgh and Perkins will miss this game through injury, although it seems Neil Danns did not travel to Guyana due to a slight knock and could be available. I would stick with the same 532 formation that has done pretty well for us in recent weeks, with the following line up:

Davies
Caprice Ray Nelson Monthe Wilson
Danns Morris Potter
Ferrier Audrey

I appreciate that Ray would not be a popular choice, but I think we need to stick with three centre halves away from home against a decent team. The Sunderland game aside, I don't think Ray has been that bad in the majority of matches, certainly in a three man defence. Similarly, RHM and Ferrier have not played much as a pair, but I think we will get plenty of opportunity to counter attack tomorrow night, and RHM should be more effective with spaces to run into than he has in the last two home games.

It seems that Wycombe will rest two or three players, which gives us a chance I believe. I would guess it will be a greatly reduced away following, with about 200 SWA in attendance.

This is a huge game for the club and I am desperate for us to go through.

Player
aldo
it is a massive game . but the lads need to raise the game and stop giving easy goals away . .

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
On form, it's a home banker - but this is the FA Cup. Last time we played at Adams Park, I saw us unexpectedly win 2-0 with goals from Cole Stockton and Max Power. It was the false dawn of the Rob Edwards era. Sadly, the only player on duty that night five years ago (Ridehalgh) is unavailable. Unfortunately, a previous commitment means I can't attend. I'm gutted, as I think we could bounce back and spring another surprise.

ADD

Player
Norwood
I suspect Danns will not play if he didn't travel. It would be a great game to win but I don't think we will. I am going for 2-0 for Wycombe again as our defence isn't consistent enough. Knowing our luck we will concede from 2 set pieces again!
Teamwise I would play CBT in midfield and go for a back 4 with CBJ at LB.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Davies
Caprice Ray Nelson Monthe Wilson
Danns Morris Potter
Ferrier Audrey
The curse of predictive text, though Audrey would be a novel twist to our forward line-up.

Being serious, we played the second half on Sunday with four at the back and while that didn't help us pull things around, we were better after the break. Given how unsteady Ray has been,there is an argument for sticking with 4 at the back. I wouldn't go along with ADD, preferring to stick with Kane on the left.

Further forward, Potter was disappointing, but we're short of options in midfield so have to stick with him. No problem with starting Ferrier, but he must be in a more forward position to have any impact.

No idea this will pan out, but as well as Edwards, think John Barnes managed a win there? Wycombes certainly not being our worst hunting ground.

Player
Manager
John King
It was a deliberate joke Boz. :) i could also have gone for Katharine.

Reactions: Boz

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I hope i am wrong but can only see another comfortable win for them 2 0

Player
ian goodison
pity about rides as I would have had him & Wilson as full-backs but will have to put up with caprice who to me offers nothing, he could go 3 at the back and bring ray in but that doesn,t inspire confidence either, maybe pitch Maddox in and see what he brings, anyway I,m backing micky to completely fox us all and once again pull a blinder and go for a 1-0 win touch wood- fingers crossed etc etc

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Not confident about this one now we've had the 'luxury' of playing them a few times recently. We are capable of a result but we must be well drilled like they are. Strong in defence and clinical up front. I hope we do it!

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I'm reasonably hopeful that the law if averages will deliver a W, an L and a D over the trilogy. I also think the law of averages dictates a tactical "win" for Mikey tonight. So we're due the W. If (big IF!) we can cut out the sloppy defending and show the attacking intent of Sunday's second half we have a decent chance.

A televised 2nd Round, progression to the 3rd Round and a big draw would create a real "buzz" and give a real boost into the New Year.

So I'm going for the Win, in the full knowledge that it could all go horribly wrong ...

Player
Manager
John King
Payne and Ferrier up front, Ray starts in a 3 man defence, Jennings in midfield with Potter and Morris.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Could have done with Danns being fit, as the midfield looks a bit brittle. Gone for experience up front, but no RHM or CBT means we’re lacking a bit of pace.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I don't see were are goals are going to come from tonight,

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy