• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The squad

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Always liked Baxter and Wallace, we could do with their creativity.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Always liked Baxter and Wallace, we could do with their creativity.
Definitely. Wallace's long-term injury and subsequent departure were two major blows contributing to our rapid demise. However, we can't afford them and they wouldn't come.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Would swerve Baxter even if we could afford him and we were a league club he has issues to say the least

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I don't think we want either of them to be honest. One has major problems off the pitch, the other has barely played since leaving us due to injury. I think we can put our money to better use.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Out of the two, bearing in mind this is all hypothetical, would take Baxter. Off the field problems can be sorted, injuries can't.
Shame for Wallace. He made mistakes but he never sulked or hid. I liked that. His over enthusiastic challenge (Chesterfield Cup?) will haunt him I'm sure.
Losing him, Cassidy (at that time) and Gibson did us.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Relying on news from other clubs for interest - any rumours our end?

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Heard a rumour linking us with Emile Heskey today :eek:

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It seems this rumour may have some credence and he has also been linked with Wrexham.

If we do sign him, it would just demonstrate that none of the lessons of last season have been learned.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ohh dear... Maybe they haven't sat down yet and had the 'what went wrong' chat yet.

Reactions: Boz

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I despair...never forgiven Heskey for getting Clint Hill sent off at Wembley either :rolleyes:

It is a bit worrying, when Gateshead, for example, have got the bulk of their squad additions sorted already.

drwhoman

I did see Ian Rush score for the Liverpool Legends in Sydney the other month! Seriously, you do wonder what is going on with no information from the club. As has been observed before on this blog I do hope that they are not aiming to sign decent players through the trial period. Such players usually submit to trials for a reason. It is the only way to get a gig. Signing someone like Emile will only confirm what we all suspect - that Gary is strategically limited and tactically inadequate. I hope I have cause to think differently in the next few weeks!

drwhoman

Danny Holmes must have done ok as I see he has been offered a new contract by Newport.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Anyone heard the drums beating about the Jennings brothers, Connor and James?
Could be Nors is having a word in their ears!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
James Jennings could solve the left back issue with Hill gone and Ridehalgh not good enough.

Connor Jennings is decent at this level and Wrexham want to keep him. However he (and Ryan Bowman of Gateahead), who have both been linked with us, will surely assume they'll be warming the bench with Nors ahead of them in GBs 4-5-1 formation.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
James Jennings apparently in talks with Cheltenham.

We were after Bowman last season. Brabin went 4411 quite a few times at home, think Connor Jennings could fill in the hole quite well, don't know enough of Bowman to comment.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
We have signed Andy Cook a striker from Barrow aged 25

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Really pleased. On paper this is a great signing, a striker with a proven record who scored more goals than Norwood this season. My only concern is how he will fit in. He won't be happy warming the bench or playing on the wing, so is GB thinking of changing his formation? Anyone know his style of play?

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Well on the face of it a very good signing. A good age at 25, a 2 year deal and scored a lot of goals last season.

Also however a surprising signing. One because I'd read he said he would only leave barrow for a league club and two, as BBTC says, where will he fit in?

From what I remember Cook isn't quick and is a target man/poacher style. Someone who relies on good service etc and totally different from Norwood. We know Norwood prefers to play on his own up front so it's a strange one, albeit very welcome on the face of it, as long as GB doesn't play him out wide!

Last edited: