• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The squad

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
They were probably sold the #cbs campaign just as we were and now things aren't quite as rosy. I would say the vast majority thought we were heading straight back up. Always more difficult second season when you underachieve.

I wonder how many players have actually fallen out with Brabin? Quite concerning really.. I don't think he'll get the same quality in this time around.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Totally agree, BBTC. Which begs the question as to whether if the manager is unable to hold onto the players he wants to, many of whom he recruited, what merit in continuity of manager, given he arguably underperformed last season?
Beginning to think the same myself. If there is another big turnover of players does it just give brabin another ready made excuse about needing the team to 'gel' if we are midtable at Christmas ?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Maybe but he'll be treading on thin ice. Another season of the same old won't wash.

Player
Manager
John King
Briefly going off topic, moreno has cost Liverpool that game almost single handed. Can't defend to save his life.

drwhoman

I agree RLC. That goal was crucial in giving Sevilla belief and knocking a hole in Pool's confidence. He has to go surely? He is decent enough going forward but a poor defender. I remember seeing some stats before Pool signed him and he was compared with two or three other possibles. His defending record was the worst of the three. Another player, like Balotelli, that Brendan Rodgers thought he could work a magic wand on.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Wasnt he frozen out by Rogers after discovering he couldnt defend?

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Well some positive news at last....Davies signs a new deal for 2 years. Let's hope this is the beginning of more positive steps forward.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Well some positive news at last....Davies signs a new deal for 2 years. Let's hope this is the beginning of more positive steps forward.
Great news.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Really good news. He was great last season and arguably as important as Norwood.

Player
Manager
John King
Yes, great news. With McNulty and norwood also under contract, we have arguably kept hold of our three best players.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Nothing to add except that this is the best news I've heard from Prenton Park in a long time.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Excellent news and I really like the talk of promotion that's a message that needs to be put out

Player
Manager
John King
Strongly rumoured that Jenno is also going to sign a two year deal. While that will disappoint a lot of people, I would be pleased as he was very good after Christmas. However, if he does stay I would rather we had offloaded one of Harris and Maynard as we need more creativity in midfield and the Jennings / Harris partnership is not inspiring.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
All of them [Jennings, Harris, Maynard] have issues of fitness. I'm unsure Jennings is worth 2 years and he and Harris are too similar in style. Maynard is an enigma, highly thought of when we signed, but hasn't shown too often in his Rovers career to date. However, his versatility means that Brabin is likely to retain him. Wonder if there's been any approach for Jeff Hughes, out of favour at Cambridge and offered something different during his loan spell.

Good news about Scott Davies, one of the best at this level.

Last edited:

drwhoman

Like everyone else I was pleased about Davies. On another thread talking about possible new recruits there was mention of Payne from Dover. I see he has just signed for Barnsley who are in the Div One Promotion Final. He must be decent.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Jenings should only get 1 year in my view.

He played well after Xmas but isn't getting any younger and I doubt clubs would have been queuing up to sign him.

Him and Harris don't bring enough pace or creativity. 1 yr as a squad player would have done. This makes me think we'll be sticking with the 4-5-1 next season which didn't work at home

Stickman

Player
Aldo
If we sign up Jennings and Hughes aren't we just going to end up with the same midfield that was too slow and seemed to have no idea how to break teams down at home? What a depressing thought!

Player
Manager
John King
I would like to see us sign Hughes permanently as he is a good, creative player. However, I agree about the general lack of pace and creativity. I would have moved one of Harris and Maynard out and replaced them with someone more energetic.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Jennings will probably be good for another season but Maynard should have gone. Not good enough. Let's hope we get something more dynamic in midfield as we need it. Agree with Carthorse, the same faces in there would be quite depressing indeed.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I'm not sure about Hughes. Creative but lightweight and another without pace and getting on a bit. If we signed him and Mekki stays, we'll basically have the same midfield as last year!

I see Wrexham have signed a decent striker from Livingstone and Jose Baxter has been released from sheff Utd with James Wallace transfer listed. You wonder where there careers will go