• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad for 2019-20

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Not seen anything official about Mullin but RHM going to derby by the sounds of it. So he’s gone from playing with Perkins and Danns to Wayne Rooney!
whilst I liked RHM and think he should have had more minutes with us, will be interesting how many he gets in the championship

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Not seen anything official about Mullin but RHM going to derby by the sounds of it. So he’s gone from playing with Perkins and Danns to Wayne Rooney!
whilst I liked RHM and think he should have had more minutes with us, will be interesting how many he gets in the championship
Indeed. I can’t see him getting more game time than he got here but would be interesting if he did.

Last edited:

ADD

Player
Norwood
Suggestion is that he will be with their U23's to start which sounds a bit weird... unless Villa have already decided not to offer him another contract...

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Confirmed on OS.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
That’s a bit of a surprise re Mullin after the Fylde rumour. Paid a fee for him so made a loss on that bit of business.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
That’s a bit of a surprise re Mullin after the Fylde rumour. Paid a fee for him so made a loss on that bit of business.
Technically, it's a loan not a free transfer but I would guess his contract will end in June and I doubt he'll be offered a new one even if we are in League Two next season.

At least he had his moment of glory recently - the old-fashioned blasted penalty at Vicarage Road - and all the features on the BBC and elsewhere. Good luck, Paul!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
We have now lost Mullin, RHM, Ponticelli and Miller in the last few weeks and only Vaughan has joined. We now have only three out-and-out strikers in Payne, Ferrier and Vaughan. Unless Micky pulls a goalscoring rabbit out of his hat, that is not sustainable if we want to play two upfront. So, I think he'll be sticking with a single target man and a number ten (Jennings or Morris).

I think we are almost sorted, but I'd like another winger.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
The atmosphere around the fans on social media at the moment is close to poisoning as I'm sure most of you will have picked up.
How many points still to play for? We're virtually back in the bin apparently.
I remain of "blind faith" and trust the two main men (and one lady!!) to make the right decisions for our club.
Naive?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Ask me again at close of business today CK. If we’re not getting another striker in, hard to understand loaning Mullin out.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
The atmosphere around the fans on social media at the moment is close to poisoning as I'm sure most of you will have picked up.
How many points still to play for? We're virtually back in the bin apparently.
I remain of "blind faith" and trust the two main men (and one lady!!) to make the right decisions for our club.
Naive?
You could say you have been naive and of blind faith from the day you started supporting Tranmere Rovers, CK. ;) Anyone who supports all bar about half a dozen of the top English clubs is at best a romantic and at worst has a screw loose. Long may teams like ours with genuine supporters like ours live on. Our motto really does mean something - Where there's hope there's light and strength. You and the rest of us are right to hope. We have our best owners ever and - potentially - our best manager. Whatever you are on, keep taking the tablets. ;)

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Technically, it's a loan not a free transfer but I would guess his contract will end in June and I doubt he'll be offered a new one even if we are in League Two next season.

At least he had his moment of glory recently - the old-fashioned blasted penalty at Vicarage Road - and all the features on the BBC and elsewhere. Good luck, Paul!
Fave moment was his winner at Carlisle last season - priceless!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Decent strikers are hard to come by and I think we went all out getting Vaughan so I don’t think there’s anyone else in the pipeline.

What time does the window shut?

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
We have now lost Mullin, RHM, Ponticelli and Miller in the last few weeks and only Vaughan has joined. We now have only three out-and-out strikers in Payne, Ferrier and Vaughan. Unless Micky pulls a goalscoring rabbit out of his hat, that is not sustainable if we want to play two upfront. So, I think he'll be sticking with a single target man and a number ten (Jennings or Morris).

I think we are almost sorted, but I'd like another winger.
If 2 of his 3 strikers are unavailable there could be the option of playing Jennings or CBT as part of a makeshift front 2, although not ideal. If you treat Vaughan as a straight replacement for Mullin, I'd be interested in how much game time the other 3 you mention had. I bet it's not much and you can't really count Miller and barely Ponticelli. We were probably overstaffed based on the "hopefully one of them will make an impact" theory! I think (hope!) we are sacrificing quantity for quality which isn't a bad thing.

ADD

Player
Norwood
11pm Ian same as Brexit!
Classy twitter from Paul Mullin - never quite sure why he didn't get more game time than he did if I am honest
Big thanks to the #SWA for your support. Our promotion last year will live with me forever. Thoroughly enjoyed playing for you and just wish I could have done so more often! Very best wishes for the rest of the season and beyond x

drwhoman

Thanks BBTC. I agree with your sentiments above although supporting your local team was a bit more fashionable when we started supporting Rovers. Liverpool and Everton were a long way away! BTW, where does Feeney fit into things? A defender but?

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Will Grigg the latest to be linked. Surely we need another striker