• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad for 2019-20

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Someone coming in at 5. Rumoured striker but could all be a load of nonsense of course.
I see it was MacLeod who joined us yesterday evening. It's a loan deal. Plenty of experience, previously at AFC Fylde, Cowdenbeath, Green Bay Packers, St Helens & Sale Sharks.

ADD

Player
Norwood
MM press conference very long but very down beat - no money to spend and he is nowhere near bringing anyone in and he would be amazed if any Tranmere fan thought differently!!
Maybe he is under instructions from MP to do some expectations management to make the situation sound as bad as possible and then when we sign at least one decent player before the window ends everyone is greatly relieved!! That, or we simply have no money to spend unless we beat Watford in which case we may try and do a rush loan at the end of the window with the expectation of the revenues right at the end of the window...

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Depressing if true. Was hoping they might pull the odd rabbit out the hat.
Live in hope!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Suggestion on the other site that RHM is to be recalled and loaned out to Coventry instead. Might explain why he didn't feature on the bench yesterday, if true.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Also seen a tweet that links us and Burton competing for a loan move for Huddersfield striker Josh Koroma. Unsure he's ever played for the Terriers, did well at Orient in their NL but unsure he'd offer much different than the strikers we've got already at 5'10" not a target man!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Also seen a tweet that links us and Burton competing for a loan move for Huddersfield striker Josh Koroma. Unsure he's ever played for the Terriers, did well at Orient in their NL but unsure he'd offer much different than the strikers we've got already at 5'10" not a target man!

Not sure he is what we need if we do sign him

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Kane Wilson back on loan for the rest of the season, quality player hopefully he can stay fit

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Good news that Wilson is back; giving us options at the back.

Mark Palios putting a dampner on prospects of more player additions on Radio Merseyside. Taking this at face value, it's a bit worrying as we all agree some additions are needed. Maybe just mind games to prevent inflated fees for any deal.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Good news that Wilson is back; giving us options at the back.

Mark Palios putting a dampner on prospects of more player additions on Radio Merseyside. Taking this at face value, it's a bit worrying as we all agree some additions are needed. Maybe just mind games.
Almost certainly the latter I would think. Wilson's return seems a bit of a coincidence and suggests some more money has been made available.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Wilson back is a great result. If he stays fit he is a class act before his injury and so strong on the ball... plus he is not cup tied. No idea if he is match fit but if he is I would have him start on Sunday.
With Woodyard Clarke and him available in the League assuming they stay fit we suddenly look a lot lot stronger as they would all be automatic starters plus Clarke seems to have brought the defence finally to a cohesive unit which is like more new players...

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Wilson back is a great result. If he stays fit he is a class act before his injury and so strong on the ball... plus he is not cup tied. No idea if he is match fit but if he is I would have him start on Sunday.
With Woodyard Clarke and him available in the League assuming they stay fit we suddenly look a lot lot stronger as they would all be automatic starters plus Clarke seems to have brought the defence finally to a cohesive unit which is like more new players...
Hasn't Micky preferred Caprice to Wilson on occasion? I was impressed by Woodyard last weekend and would start him every game he was eligible to play.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think Wilson almost always started when fit, but sometimes at left wing back with Caprice at right wing back.

In the medium term, Wilson is the better player and I would prefer him to Caprice. However, I think it would be harsh to drop Jake on Sunday after his performance last night. He has actually played well for a few games now.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Good news. Wilson has impressed me and is versatile and looked half decent when going forward

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It would be incredibly harsh to drop Caprice. Good to see Wilson back.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Cook and Norwood both on the bench today. With all this extra money let’s sign one on loan!!

ok maybe no chance with Nors but cookie may be an option. Both Mansfield strikers have scored today so he won’t be starting anytime soon. Plua Ferrier has fitness issues still

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
ok maybe no chance with Nors but cookie may be an option. Both Mansfield strikers have scored today so he won’t be starting anytime soon. Plua Ferrier has fitness issues still
Not sure that this would be the best use of a wage since I can't see Cookie and Ferrier working together well and we won't always start with 2 upfront anyway. Unless, Ferrier was unavailable, I think Cookie would be used as a sub more often than not. Would Cookie accept that kind of role and would his relationship with MM survive it anyway? I would be happy to have him back but not sure how it would work without him being a direct replacement for Ferrier,,, which I wouldn't want.