• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad for 2019-20

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Good god if we can sign mayor then I’d be over the moon. Apart from Nors he was the best player in the league last season
My sentiments entirely ! Mayor would be an amazing signing but I can't see it. He will hardly be short of offers. Ray looks a decent signing.

Player
Manager
John King
Ritchie Wellens has said that Nelson is out of Swindon's price range, which probably means he is out of ours unfortunately.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Vaughan is training with Bradford today, so I think we can forget about that one. However, we are now being linked with Callum Lang, who would be an excellent signing.

Used us as a bargaining tool to get more money out of Bradford

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
If we can afford Mayor, we can afford anybody of those mentioned. I'll believe he's signed when he has.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The good thing with scouting Bury players is that at least we can guarantee them a wage at the end of the month!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think we'll see a few more new faces this week

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson

But it won't be James Vaughan.
City offering a three-year deal might have helped. Personally, I think he would have been a gamble and not worth changing our two-year policy for.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Pilling signs a new 1 year deal. The club must obviously still have some faith in him.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Pilling signs a new 1 year deal. The club must obviously still have some faith in him.
It probably means he's number two, as there would be no point having four pro goalies on our books. Personally, I'm pleased as he has talent. He just needs his confidence restored.

Player
Jonny Morrisey
Rumours that Danny Mayor from Bury is signing this week. He was outstanding in the 1-1 draw at Prenton Park a great signing if true.

I read that he was signing for Plymouth this week with another 2 from Bury. The rumour mill hey

Player
Jonny Morrisey
City offering a three-year deal might have helped. Personally, I think he would have been a gamble and not worth changing our two-year policy for.

Yeah I agree, not too bothered by this in all honesty. Lang would be the better option for me, fingers crossed we can see a few more arrivals in the coming days/weeks.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I read that he was signing for Plymouth this week with another 2 from Bury. The rumour mill hey

Our only hope with mayor is whether he wants to stay up north. Plymouth will have a pull coz of Lowe but does mayor want another season in league 2?

ADD

Player
Norwood
It probably means he's number two, as there would be no point having four pro goalies on our books. Personally, I'm pleased as he has talent. He just needs his confidence restored.
I am not surprised he has signed given Wharton was released - but to be honest to me Pilling has not kicked on particularly well - and from what little I had seen of Wharton I thought he had more promise. Obviously however, that was not the thought within the club and of course they see them day in and day out. To me Pilling has been signed for 1 more year to make sure we have 3 home grown players. Whether if Davies is ever injured he actually plays or we bring in another emergency loan however is still up in the air in my book.

Player
Manager
John King
With regard to Pilling, he is not really good enough from what I have seen, although we should bear in mind that he was being coached by Nixon until recently. Hopefully he and Gumbs can push on next season.

Last edited: