• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad for 2019-20

Player
aldo
i did think when he came back from morcambe when he was on loan last time . he scored a load of goals . between both teams 23 goals . but in the 3 seasons since he has had something like 70 games and scored around 7 goals . he just don,t seem to have it . if you cant cut it in the non lg then you are nackerd . i hope it workes for him . but i just cant see it

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It is a bit harsh, but it made me smile when someone on a Wrexham forum commented that Morecambe are a good fit for Stockton, as he will fit in well on the beach. :)

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Stockton simply was not good enough, and I am not convinced he will even cut it at Morecambe to be honest. He could not even get on the bench for Wrexham last season.
You've seen him play more often than me, RLC. However, I have seen him play well. Apart from his earlier spells at Morecambe, he had a good run under Rob Edwards and was on fire at the end of Micky's first season. This contrasts of course with most of his other games for Rovers and his time at Hearts, Carlisle and Wrexham. I think he has some skill, but what he definitely lacks is consistency. He probably also lacks confidence and/or at times application. Jim Bentley probably can bring the best out of him, so he may do well next season. But something certainly is wrong and is preventing him reaching his potential.

Player
Manager
John King
He has had a few brief spells of form, but he has been playing semi-regularly for seven years now and has not established himself anywhere.

I think he lacks a football brain and does not have the anticipation and reading of the game you need as a centre forward.

Player
aldo
. lets get over him and move on at the moment we have a load of players out of contract . and no new ones in . things need to start getting a move on . has eney one seen the odds for next season . the bookies don,t seem to think we can hold are own some think we will go back down . . at the mo just movement out we need some coming in soon would be a nice thing to get some sorted

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Odds at this point are a nonsense. We have no idea who’s coming into the squad, who else is leaving and what might happen at Bury and notlob. If there is to be an announcement of new investment, maybe news of player recruitment will come with that.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Odds at this point are a nonsense. We have no idea who’s coming into the squad, who else is leaving and what might happen at Bury and notlob. If there is to be an announcement of new investment, maybe news of player recruitment will come with that.

Not sure there will be any investment just yet, but we should all ignore the odds at the moment, there will be plenty of incomings in the coming weeks, MM is just being careful to make sure we get the right type of player who will fit in with the squad.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Remember what the bookies said this time last year? The total opposite of what happened.

I think the squad needs more strengthening than last summer, as we don't have too many with L1 experience. Currently, we have just seven senior players signed up, including one who'll miss the first half of the season. Nine players are out of contract awaiting decisions. When the transfer window ends, we should have a good idea of our prospects.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Grieving over Nors well done with .
What a great bit of business keeping Manny on board.
Yeah, goals win matches but if you don't concede you don't lose.
Monsters the man now!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It's very quiet on the forum at the moment, probably because of the complete lack of news - not even the sniff of a rumour. However, remembering how slow January's window was - and the ultimate result - I'm not too worried. But something to discuss would be appreciated.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It's always quiet around this time. Once the players return from their holidays things start to pick up a bit. In the meantime sit back and enjoy the Woman's World Cup, the Copa America and the soon to start African Cup of Nations.

Player
Manager
John King
It seems that we have missed out on a couple of targets, such as Ryan Edwards to Blackpool. However, patience is a virtue.

Player
Manager
John King
We are apparently trying to sign a couple of Everton youngsters, either permanently or on long term loans.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
We are apparently trying to sign a couple of Everton youngsters, either permanently or on long term loans.

A couple of long term loans are not too bad but hopefully not too many especially the youngsters who will have little or no first team experience

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Sid was one of the heroes at Wembley. He had a great game and looked like he was playing for a deal. He and Manny looked the real deal together.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'm a little surprised we haven't heard a bit more out of the club. Does the fact that we haven't confirmed released the likes of Zoum, Dagnall and Miller mean that there are contract offers for them? While it's possible to make a case for each individually, it would be a surprise if they were all still with us come the new season.

It would be good if Nelson signs, but if there was interest from a L1 club nearer his London roots, might he prefer that? I'm not sure Micky's strength is developing young players, so would be wary of taking more than the odd Everton loanee and only if there was no obligation to pick them or pay the parent club.

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
I’ve no issues with the silence as this tells me there is much work going on behind the scenes. Some of the comments on twitter today against the club posts were as usual embarrassing with regards to the lack of news. As though we’re going to negotiate contracts on social media or something. I’d be more worried if I was a Bury fan with their silence ahead of another winding up order! Keep calm & enjoy the summer as Ian said, the signings will come.