• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad for 2019-20

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Nicky Adams has left Bury for Northampton. I thought we might have been interested in him as another wide option.

Player
aldo
also Lowe and his assistant have left for plymouth . the destruction of there team starts we need to be pro active and go for there best players . i know there down and in the mire with no paddles or boat and all that stuff but them boys are gonna wana get out of there if they not in contract or getting payed

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Bit surprised at Nicky Adams going back to Northampton. Would have thought he could do a job for a L1 side and stuck closer to his Manchester roots.

Can’t blame Lowe for leaving Bury, it will be interesting seeing how he copes at a club where the expectations are greater. Didn’t see either of the Bury games this season, so aside from the bigger names, who are unlikely to join, or Murphy, who’s already been linked, are there any we’d actively be targeting?

Relatively quiet on rumours of any incomers for Rovers. Whether that’s down to different targets now we’re a L1 club or other reasons, it’s hard to guess.

Player
Manager
John King
Bit surprised at Nicky Adams going back to Northampton. Would have thought he could do a job for a L1 side and stuck closer to his Manchester roots.

Can’t blame Lowe for leaving Bury, it will be interesting seeing how he copes at a club where the expectations are greater. Didn’t see either of the Bury games this season, so aside from the bigger names, who are unlikely to join, or Murphy, who’s already been linked, are there any we’d actively be targeting?

Relatively quiet on rumours of any incomers for Rovers. Whether that’s down to different targets now we’re a L1 club or other reasons, it’s hard to guess.
Mayor and O'Shea are the two standouts, but both almost certainly out of our price range. Of the several wingers we had last season Micky only seems convinced by Morris, and it would not surprise me if we made an offer to Adams.

Maynard, Moore, Danns and Telford would all be worth considering, but I have no idea what their wage demands would be.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
also Lowe and his assistant have left for plymouth . the destruction of there team starts we need to be pro active and go for there best players . i know there down and in the mire with no paddles or boat and all that stuff but them boys are gonna wana get out of there if they not in contract or getting payed
At least we won't be seeing Lowe at PP next season, at least in a league match.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, another couple of seasons would have done him the world of good. He's still young though so he's got time to resurrect his career elsewhere.

ADD

Player
Norwood
BUT MM did not rate him for some reason I never fully understood so he naturally went and left. He has 1 more year on his contract also I believe also so Fleetwood would be after a fee but for sure he won't be coming back to us...

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I don’t know the full
story but my impression was that MM stopped playing Eddie because he wouldn’t sign a new deal. My feeling was the fault, if any, dorm go the player/agent rather than manager here?

Player
Manager
John King
I don’t know the full
story but my impression was that MM stopped playing Eddie because he wouldn’t sign a new deal. My feeling was the fault, if any, dorm go the player/agent rather than manager here?
That was my understanding, and even if Mellon did rate him he would not necessarily play every game at such a young age. Clarke was offered a contract and turned it down.

Last edited:

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Tweet from Manny half hour ago "Excited news to come". You were posting RLC just as I started to type!!