• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad for 2018/19

Player
aldo
hes out of contract in the summer . its such a shame he got those injuries . loved watching him run and scare the living hell out of other teams. you never know we might see him again . but i think he will defo be gone in the summer

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Saw some highlights on BT the other day. Had a really good game against Havant & Waterlooville and played in a great through ball for one of their goals. Seems to be getting his confidence back.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
And Ben scored a double as Wrexham win away 2-0 at Boreham Wood to go top of the league. So pleased for the lad.

Reactions: Boz

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
And Ben scored a double as Wrexham win away 2-0 at Boreham Wood to go top of the league. So pleased for the lad.

I was thinking about Tollit. I’m assuming we can recall him if we need to for the end of season run in? I think his present loan expires in 3 weeks but at this rate he won’t want to come back and he’s out of contract in the summer.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Can’t remember the rules exactly, but think if it’s not a full or half season loan, the maximum period of 3 months will be reached at the end of his current extension. As we paid money for him, don’t see us releasing Ben from his contract. So he’s likely to return to Rovers in a few weeks. I’m not sure it’s best for the player to return to Rovers and be kicking his heels.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
To be honest, I think our interests are most important in the short term. I would like to see Tollitt come back into the squad and fight for a place, assuming he has got over his confidence issues at Wrexham.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
To be honest, I think our interests are most important in the short term. I would like to see Tollitt come back into the squad and fight for a place, assuming he has got over his confidence issues at Wrexham.
Would Tollitt even get a place on the bench, let alone any match-time? Unless the answer is yes, it certainly doesn't help Tollitt and it isn't much use to Rovers either.

I suppose football nirvana would be for Tollitt to do similar to Connor Jennings; come back from a loan spell and cement a place in the starting xi as we push towards the play offs...

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I am assuming Ben's loan is simply to give him match practice in an attempt to rebuild his confidence and not a way of saving his wages or managing him out. If the latter, surely he'd have been offered to and snapped up by a grateful Wrexham. If the plan works, surely he'll be back at PP in the matchday squad in a few weeks, helping the team chase promotion and trying to earn himself a new contract. However, since he left we have signed two more wingers who are both playing well, so it will be tough for Ben to make an impact for Rovers this season.
(written at the same time as Boz's post above.)

Player
Manager
John King
Would Tollitt even get a place on the bench, let alone any match-time?
At this moment, certainly not.

However, I am sure Mellon is watching his every move, and if he wants him involved in the squad he will make use of him. If we want him to sit on the bench that is preferable to farming him out on loan again, even if another move would give him more minutes on the pitch, because ultimately the interests of the club come first.

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
in my opinion, it would be a very dangerous road not to bring Ben back into the squad. I’ve said on this forum to a level of boredom that even when he was given a few cameo appearances you could see it was purely a confidence thing which I never doubted he’d regain whilst on loan. I see him as a great asset for us which is why I’m conscious of Wrexham’s progress when he’s out of contract in the summer.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
If Ben stays at Wrexham till the end of the season and plays well, then whether or not they get promoted, he would be well advised to join the Dragons. When players find form at a club, they should think twice about risking a move. Ben should talk to Cole Stockton! If he had stayed at Rovers in 2017, his career might have taken a different path.

So, realistically and selfishly, we should recall him at the end of this spell and give him every chance to prove himself again at PP.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
We'll get him back bang on form. You wouldn't want to stop him in his flow but he wouldn't get into the team at the moment.

Player
Manager
John King
I have just read that David Perkins played the full ninety minutes for Wigan when they beat Manchester City, one year ago this week. He had Bernardo Silva in his pocket apparently ! The Wigan fans speak very highly of him and still seem to love him.

He was excellent again on Tuesday night and has been a superb signing. His workrate is incredible and he has not had a bad game since arriving. The midfield looks so much better with his presence and I think he would have been a player of the year contender if he had been here all season.

Player
ian goodison
I thought perkins was a jay harris like for like but not taking anything away from jay perkins has been a class act, don,t know were he gets his energy from.