• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad for 2018/19

rossb07

Player
Adam Buxton
Surely it works in their favour if a club higher up comes calling as was the case with Keates and Ricketts? They’d receive a bigger compo package than if he was only on a rolling contract or a 6 month to 1 year deal.

Mere speculation of course.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think they are desperate for anything to happen at Wrexham, it's just getting messy. Before Sat win, they had lost 6 in a row! Still only four points off the top though.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson

An interesting read from a neutral's point of view.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Manager Graham barrow left and they’ve appointed ex player Bryan Hughes. That’s fine but given him a 3 and a half year deal - madness for a rookie

Got to agree Sparky.
And then there's Shrewsbury.
Get their fingers burnt with NL Askey and proceed to appoint NL Ricketts whose presently steering them in wrong direction.
Credit to Shrewsbury for taking the gambles but
it's a big leap from NL to L1.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson

An interesting read from a neutral's point of view.
Agreed, although it's a bit superficial and doesn't really answer the question in the title of the piece.

R

RLC

The supporters' trust that run Wrexham have made the club financially stable, but seem clueless in their decision making in other regards. There seems a lack of professionalism in the way they go about things.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Got to agree Sparky.
And then there's Shrewsbury.
Get their fingers burnt with NL Askey and proceed to appoint NL Ricketts whose presently steering them in wrong direction.
Credit to Shrewsbury for taking the gambles but
it's a big leap from NL to L1.
I get the impression that Shrewsbury punched above their weight last season helped by some above average loanees. Whoever took over when Hurst jumped ship was always going to face a tough challenge.

R

RLC

I get the impression that Shrewsbury punched above their weight last season helped by some above average loanees. Whoever took over when Hurst jumped ship was always going to face a tough challenge.
Their current position also puts Mellon's performance there into perspective. Aside from that one season under Hurst, they have generally struggled badly at this level.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Stockton and Tollitt both started for Wrexham today, with Ben playing the full ninety.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Stockton and Tollitt both started for Wrexham today, with Ben playing the full ninety.

No surprise Cole was replaced as ineffective. Made up Ben got a full 90 minutes.

Still think Ben could help us this season. I think all our current wingers. Morris, Pringle and Smith are all left footed

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Maybe the fact that we haven't let go Ben altogether suggests the club still have some hope for him?
Out of contract at end of season though.
We haven't seen enough of a fit BT - a player who can have you shuffling in your seat as soon as he gets the ball.
Even if not with us, I hope he fulfils his talent.

Player
Manager
John King
I think time really is running out for Tollitt to be honest. We have brought in two wingers on loan in his absence and I would imagine we are looking to make at least one of those deals permanent. I think he has to make a major impact at Wrexham to stand any chance of getting back in the team here. That has not looked likely so far, although I appreciate he at least needs to be on the pitch to show what he can do.......

In the case of Stockton, I was never one of the hate brigade. However, it is clear from the quality of the players we have brought in that the club has moved on and I don't see how he has any future with us.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
In the case of Stockton, I was never one of the hate brigade.
I hope I speak for many when I say I certainly didn't hate Stockton, I just didn't think he was very good. That was pretty evident from the many years he was with us pre NL. I will admit that there was a small minority who really had it in for him though. I just hope we all don't all fall into the hate brigade category simply because we didn't rate him.

Player
Manager
John King
I had a look on the Wrexham forum and the general view seems to be that Tollitt played pretty well, but Stockton was very poor and seemed disinterested.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Tollitt at least seems to have the right attitude. He’s young and hungry. If Stockton has a bad spell at Wrexham you wonder what’s next for him.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Stockton was probably interested - it’s just his body language isn’t great and he’s not one for running around putting people under pressure. If he’s out of contract at the end of the season then as Ian says, where will his career go if Wrexham don’t want him - Warrington Town?!?

Really hope Ben can get a good few 90 minutes under his belt. Not just for us but for Ben himself

Player
Manager
John King
Stockton was probably interested - it’s just his body language isn’t great and he’s not one for running around putting people under pressure.
I don't think he reads the game well enough to be in the right place at the right time, which is a vital attribute if you are a striker.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Nice to see Tollit get another 90 mins for Wrexham and that’s 2 wins from 2 under their new manager who must be impressed by Ben.

Stockton an unused sub