• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad for 2018/19

Player
ian goodison
Hopefully green can overcome his issues.

Not the cause but as an 18/19 year old he was earning over £100k a year. Madness
great article on the chester forum were he talks honestly about his addictions and the depths he fell, he could have been some player

drwhoman

Agree Sparky. You wonder how much parental guidance/advice he ever received. Still people have to take some personal responsibility sometime. You hope that the fact that he is now a father might give him reason to stay on the straight and narrow. His partner must be a brave woman.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
What? He’s actually playing again ! :oops:

He came off the bench Ian. What an idiot after so long out to get 2 bookings.

He’s been joined today by Ryan taylor who has signed after a trial so with Eddie Clarke as well Barton is building a rovers old boys side

Player
aldo
Dont like the fact connor jennings is taking grief for not bei g i. Form . Mey be league 2 is beyond him but he set the goal up that got us promoted . So he can have a bad few months . And lets not forget he was realy sick just a few months ago .

Player
aldo
The lad deserves a bloody chance knowing connor he will get 8 in 5 games and all lomg range as well just get off the mark man

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think he needs to play in his best position to start with. I think he’ll just drift if MM keeps him on the wing.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Agree re CJ, doesn’t deserve the stick he’s been getting and with Ian that he should get a chance in his proper position.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think we’re best sticking to wing backs now. Our traditional wingers aren’t doing the job. Smith has gone off the boil, Jennings isn’t a winger, DMH has been quite poor since his return. Zoum and Caprice are perfect for this role although it’s difficult to exclude Buxton who is excellent on the ball and can put in a decent cross.

Player
aldo
Have to agree but the wingers need a kick up the arses
we cant afford to have passengers. And we need em to add goals to .

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Jennings is definitely good enough for League Two if he is played centrally. Most Football League players would struggle if they were constantly played out of position; we are not in the Tinpot League any more.

Regarding the wingers, there is a suggestion that Smith and DMH have to get time on the pitch or we are forced to pay a substantial additional percentage of their wages. In the case of Smith I am not too concerned as I think he is a quality player, but DMH has not done anything to justify his involvement since he returned.

Player
aldo
Good to hear willians ans the lad from Italy got 90 mins play on tuesday in a 1-1 harris got injured buxton was due to play as well hoping ben t got a game

drwhoman

Interesting that Dale Jennings is playing again with Runcorn. Another career that ran aground. Let us hope that he can rebuild a career.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'm glad hes playing again because I thought he was finished. He's only 25, so if he can get himself fit physically and mentally, there's still plenty of life left as a footballer.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Hearing that Harvey Gilmour has made such a breakthrough into the first team, the thought struck me that in fairness to Micky this summer's recruitment has been very good. Most of the incomers and loanees have been regular first teamers or challenging to be. We need to be more patient with George, Akammadu and DMH, but the rest are earning their corn. No-one has been written off yet, in contrast to twelve months ago. OK, we are still worse off upfront than last season, but that's not Micky's or the club's fault. I'm sure we did everything possible to keep Cook and then to replace him, but the players and/or funds were just not there. The fact that even so we are in the play-off positions just 12 games in shows what a good job everyone at the club has been doing.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Yes, the idea that Mellon can't recruit players has been disproved this season. Of the players brought in as first team regulars, all have been a success. The only doubts surround Cole Stockton, but even his critics would have to admit he has been better than some of last season's disasters (Waring, Alabi). At least he has been able to hold down a first team place and put in reasonable performances.

Mellon built a successful side from scratch at Fleetwood, and completely reshaped the Shrewsbury squad to win promotion in his first season. His last few months in Shropshire and his first summer here are the only real blemishes on his record.

I would guess he has been more comfortable recruiting in the Football League, where his knowledge of players is better and he has more recent experience, than in the National League.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
George Waring joins Kidderminster on loan until January. An odd signing for us when u consider how it’s worked out and Micky had worked with him before. Let’s hope he does ok and we let him go permanently as Seyni NDiaye has more chance of featuring in a white shirt!

In other news Sol Campbell takes over at Macc. Will be interesting how he gets on.