• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad for 2018/19

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I don't think he has been sold but there may be something going on off the pitch / in training that we don't know about.

Player
aldo
if injured then they wont get as mutch money . not sure but he was one of the best attacking fullbacks and best young players we have had for years . and out of contract in summer

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Moving on from Eddie Clarke, am I right in thinking the teams that finish 2nd and 3rd get their semi final at home or is there a benefit to finishing second over third? Not sure why I was so obsessed with finishing second earlier on in the season o_O

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Ian, finishing 2nd or 3rd guarantees you a home semi-final. Can’t remember, think 2nd place gets the winner of 5th v 6th whereas 3rd plays the winner of 4th v 7th. So it’s possible for the 3rd placed team to get an ‘easier’ semi, if the side in 7th gets through. It would be fairer for the side finishing 2nd to get the lower of the two qualifiers for the semi-final.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Thanks Boz.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
What has happened to Traore and Monthe?

Player
Manager
John King
What has happened to Traore and Monthe?
Dropped after the poor performance at Boreham Wood.

From what I have seen, Monthe is not as good as Sutton. I think Traore is a decent player but is not match fit yet, hence Harris and Hughes have been preferred to him.

I personally would not want to keep Monthe, other than as a squad player if we don't go up.

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
I'm always a bit amazed by the question of what happened to X,Y & Z. We can only name 4 outfield subs! Then when we rotate everyone asks what happened to the other 4? If we miss out on auto promo by Saturday let's rotate the rested players so everyone's fit for the play offs ;)

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I've seen neither play for us. The impression from the commentary and highlights of the Boreham Wood was that Traore had a poor game, maybe compounded by a lack of match-fitness. Monthe was more that the other defenders didn't seem to trust him, Buxton and McNulty out of position trying to cover for him contributed to at least one of the Wood goals. Maybe given the time to work together, Monthe and the other defenders could form an effective unit?

Player
Manager
John King
Monthe looks like a defender who has got a mistake in him. He reminds me of Daniels and Arthurworry who we had on loan a few years ago. Very strong and has the physical attributes but seems a bit erratic. i don't think he is that great in the air either.

drwhoman

Interesting little item on the BBC website. Scott Fenwick, who played a few games for us in 2016, has scored a hat trick of penalties in two successive games for Chelmsford City! How many pens have we received this season? Not many lately for sure.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Only vaguely remember Fenwick, who didn’t score at all for us and barely featured.

Can only recall 2 Rovers penalties, Jennings at Fylde and Buxton’s match-winner at Maidstone. Whereas quite a lot have been given against us, some very debatable awards amongst them.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I hope we dont get awarded any penalties this season purely so that the front two wont start arguing about who's taking it!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
No-one would dare argue with Adam Buxton, Ian!!!

Reactions: Ian

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
At the Aldershot game before Tollit went off, I said to my mate that what he needs is a good preseason to get his pace back and properly fit. It cant be easy coming back from a serious injury right at the business end of the season. Well that is what will happen with Micky confirming Ben is out for the season but back for pre season training so its not as serious as before.

Micky also mentioned contracts and that the focus now is on promotion and nothing more. I'm sure things are going on in the background but most would agree our hands are tied somewhat until we know what league we are in next year.

joe

Always thought that despite being such a good player he needs to put a bit of weight on, bulk up a bit.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Looking back, I'm wondering if it was too much too soon for Tollitt. His performances haven't been great since his return, I think lacking a bit on confidence and just not 100% ready to be thrust back into games. He should get plenty of time to recover now and has the pre-season to get back to influencing games again.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Has anyone in the know said exactly what Ben's latest injury is? Saw a suggestion of unspecified ligament damage, but unsure how accurate that is.

I agree with Ian that a more gradual return for Tollitt might have helped. Some posters felt that starting him every game was the way to handle him.

Player
Manager
John King
Has anyone in the know said exactly what Ben's latest injury is? Saw a suggestion of unspecified ligament damage, but unsure how accurate that is.

I agree with Ian that a more gradual return for Tollitt might have helped. Some posters felt that starting him every game was the way to handle him.
As a qualified physio, you clearly knew better than the coaching staff....... There is no exact science to nursing a player back from injury but I agree that Tollitt needs a full pre season. He needs some 'free' matches against the likes of Heswall and Rhyl where he can just go through the motions. At the moment there is pressure on him every time he receives the ball, as people expect him to do something special.