• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad for 2017/18

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
After bringing in Monthe from FGR with our central midfield issues Micky could do a lot worse than look at Drissa Traore who FGR have just released.

Impressed me last season especially in the play off final.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I don’t think Traore is likely to be available. Read something about difficult personal circumstances due to a bereavement.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Could be fake news but some twitter suggestions we have signed Traore

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Yes, he has definitely signed. Great news, as our midfield has been crying out for something different since Banks left. The kind of signing that could be the difference in a promotion challenge.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Excellent!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
It was thought Traore was going back to France but you wonder if we’ve just thrown a load of cash at him until the end of the season to give us the best chance of going up

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
I think a few FGR fans will be scratching their heads!
Good that we've acted in anticipation of problems rather than in reaction to them.
Decent player as I remember.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
you wonder if we’ve just thrown a load of cash at him until the end of the season to give us the best chance of going up
Probably right Sparky. Nobody wants to sit in this division for another year and while there is still a chance, I think the club will stretch to doing whatever possible to strengthen the team. I think it's a good call because the midfield has looked a bit jaded recently.

Let's hope he makes a difference!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Interesting signing. Can’t recall him from the play-off final, seems to be highly thought of by Forest Green fans. On the other hand, his goal scoring is non-existent so won’t help with the lack of goals from midfield highlighted on here.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Traore ran the midfield at Wembley along with Noble, a good signing. Apparently we are trying to bring in a striker, PJ rumoured to be funding signings

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Traore ran the midfield at Wembley along with Noble, a good signing. Apparently we are trying to bring in a striker, PJ rumoured to be funding signings
Very interesting if true Mart. Great that PJ is still supporting us if the rumour is correct.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
There certainly appears to be a pulling together of everyone associated with the club at the moment. This is a big change from less than six months ago. If it continues, I am hopeful we can achieve promotion this season.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The big worry for me is the lottery of the playoffs which is why I haven’t given up hope on top spot just yet!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
The big worry for me is the lottery of the playoffs which is why I haven’t given up hope on top spot just yet!
I share your worry, but if we can finish second or third, there's only two games to win - a semi-final at home and a Wembley final. We are great at home and I would back us with our experience to win the final.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Unfortunately we’re not so good at home to sides near to the top, losing to Macc, Wrexham, Sutton and Dover.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Unfortunately we’re not so good at home to sides near to the top, losing to Macc, Wrexham, Sutton and Dover.
Most of those home defeats were during our bad spell. Hopefully we won't see Macc again this season. In a one-off play-off match, I'd back us. And I would hope we are practising penalties already. ;)