• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad for 2017/18

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Wrexham sign Deveriches from Hartlepool - a very good signing for them. If we can get Tollit fit them I’m not concerned but still think we need better winger options if Ben isn’t right.

On that subject we’re being linked with Nathan Arnold whereas Danny Rowe reportedly leaving Fylde for bradford

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Will be interesting and possibly not good for us where Ricky miller ends up.

Gotta love deadline day!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Deverdics is an excellent signing fro Wrexham, as midfield is where they are lacking. However, I still think we have the better squad and Tollitt will hopefully play at least some part this season. If he can't get match fit, Arnold would be a great option to have but I can't believe there is any money left in the budget for him.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The Rowe from Fylde to Bradford rumour doesn't seem to have legs.

Player
Manager
John King
The Rowe from Fylde to Bradford rumour doesn't seem to have legs.
I doubt they would need to sell him to anyone for purely financial reasons. Fortunately the Eddie Clarke rumours were equally unfounded.

drwhoman

I agree re Rowe and money although I woul have thought he will want to move upwards at some stage Division wise, if he has any ambition. That said, Fylde could probably match higher level wages. Another rich man’s plaything.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Another goal for George Waring off the bench tonight

Bodes well just Incase cook gets injured

Last edited:

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Do we have a recall provision in place for Waring, Sparky?

It sounded like he went out on loan to get some first team football, presumably because MM had told him his chances of getting any with us are limited.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I have no idea Boz. Given Alabi hasn’t worked out and Mangan isn’t a target man and neither is Kirby, it would be ridiculous if our only target man replacement for Cook couldn’t be recalled, especially if he is in decent form and we needed him (hopefully not).

I see Wrexham have brought in franks from Hartlepool. Another good player at this level and along with deveriches they have recruited well in the attacking midfield department.

drwhoman

Both ex Hartlepool. When you have no money........ Incidentally, I see he was training with St Johnstone. More evidence of the current standard in Scotland. Whoever the others sign, we have to keep winning. Nice to see McNulty giving Tollit some advice/encouragement when he came on against Ebbsfleet.

Player
Manager
John King
A few weeks ago I felt certain we would finish above Wrexham, but they have done well in the transfer window. Quigley and the Hartlepool players are good signings and address their problem of lack of goals. However, I would still take Tollitt, Jennings and Norburn over their midfield and I think we have the better squad.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Quigley has hit the ground running and the two Pools players are decent at this level. I thought Wrexham had improved a lot since the game at PP. We have to hope Tollitt can maintain his fitness and players stay fit and available in areas where our squad is a bit thin. Too close to call in terms of who ends up on top.

Player
Manager
John King
Maidstone were defeated at Gateshead in the Trophy tonight, so our game on the 24th goes ahead as planned.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Are we still able to sign players after the deadline? I'm guessing we can given wrexhams and Dagenhams buying and selling this week.

Lincolns Nathan Arnold still being linked with a move to PP

Player
Manager
John King
Yes, we can still bring players in, although bizarrely Wrexham can't as they are in a 'foreign' jurisdiction and are subject to the January transfer window like the Football League clubs.

I am unsure whether we should bring anyone else in. Wrexham have strengthened and I feel that we should be matching their ambition. However, the squad is settled now, with nearly everybody fit, and I would be wary of upsetting the dressing room with new faces at this stage.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
We have no obvious areas of weakness and in fact as we all know we have a few surplus players. So unless a real star becomes available at a bargain price, let's save th e money for a rainy day. We had a monsoon last season.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Nathan Arnold is a decent player, but not sure how we'd fit him in to the current line-up and we're a bit away from his east midlands comfort zone. Don't know who else is out there that we could get and who would make a significant difference. I'd settle for avoiding major injuries to the current squad.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
You were right about Arnold joining Salford RLC. If they weren’t going to win that league before, they definately will now.

We need to get out of this league as they’ll probably win it next season!