• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Tom Bradbury the other centre half from Halifax we were linked with is going to Cheltenham
It sounds like this was a genuine link rather than speculation, so have to be a little disappointed that it didn’t come off. Though I don’t know enough about Bradbury to have stronger feelings than that.

While sharing much of BBTCs thoughts on the recruitment over this close season, by signing 3 relatively inexperienced but promising youngsters, it feels harder to assess how Rovers will fare.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Agree with boz it is a shame. Can understand the lad going to Cheltenham as league one (although you wonder how much game time he’ll get). The other Halifax CB who was the captain May have been a better choice but went to Grimsby.
Definitely need more experience at the back. Only two centre halves on the books. One has never played a game of senior mens football and Davies who I rate does get injuries. The Halifax lads would have been decent as mid 20s and the best national league defence last season but I’m sure Micky has other targets

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Alan Nixon journalist has a story tomorrow about Rovers, hopefully something positive
Other site says it’s Aberdeen wanting to buy JDC from us.

If we get a decent fee and more crucially have a suitable right-back lined up, it may be a reasonable move, giving the developing and selling on players strategy. If Josh were to go, would currently leave us a bit thin on the ground defensively. O’Connor better in midfield and can’t see Hayde being used regularly.

Last edited:

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Other site says it’s Aberdeen wanting to buy JDC from us.

If we get a decent fee and more crucially have a suitable right-back lined up, it may be a reasonable move, giving the developing and selling on players strategy. If Josh were to go, would currently leave us a bit thin on the ground defensively. O’Connor better in midfield and can’t see Hayde being used regularly.
Article says we want 400k for him but they want to pay less. If we can get 250-300k for him it will be a good deal.
Hsyde I would think be back up as we would bring in a starter

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Yes, we will definitely sell for that kind of price. Disappointing that we will lose a good player, but positive as it demonstrates the new recruitment policy is working. It should also encourage other young players to sign for us on medium term contracts.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
When was the last time we sold someone for quarter of a million?

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
If the model works the we should always lose our better players but be well compensated. The figures mentioned above are almost meaningless in PL (and 90% of Championship) terms, but massive at our level. It is practically a different currency. It used to be seen as derogatory to be called a "selling club" but all clubs are these days; it is a different (and very difficult/complex) thing doing it well If we can avoid another Norwood situation in the next few years I'll be delighted, even if it does mean losing favourites as we progress.

drwhoman

A replacement for Ramsay who has just signed for Liverpool. Sad but the money would be handy. A loanee replacement might be Conor Bradley who will move down the pecking order at Liverpool. He is already a Northern Ireland international.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
A replacement for Ramsay who has just signed for Liverpool. Sad but the money would be handy. A loanee replacement might be Conor Bradley who will move down the pecking order at Liverpool. He is already a Northern Ireland international.
I rate Bradley and defo thought he'd overtake Neco Williams - so fine by me.
Better still take Ramsay on loan. . Full circle and everyone's a winner.

drwhoman

I rate Bradley and defo thought he'd overtake Neco Williams - so fine by me.
Better still take Ramsay on loan. . Full circle and everyone's a winner.
I agree Higgy but Liverpool have said that, at least at this stage, Ramsay will be training with the first team squad. He must be good as from, what admittedly little I have seen on video, Bradley looks quite capable. That said, if he did come to us I would want an experienced defender alongside him rather than the young guy from Brentford.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Really good call on the need for some experience back there.
It was a bit tongue re Ramsay insomuch we get a little wedge for Josh and a £6m player in return.☺️

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Players back.in training today so should be some movement soon.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Players’ contracts are running out, so no wages coming in. That should mean a few deals will happen over the next two weeks. Meanwhile, agents will be looking for the best deals. Some transfers may depend on others happening or not happening, so it will be complicated. JDC’s future is an example.

The business done so far has been good with the youngsters we’ve signed and the contract renewals but we need some more experienced players, especially at the back.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It looks like Cogley is staying as Aberdeen have signed a different right back. I am quite relieved actually.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It’s a difficult one. In order for our current arrangement to be a success, we have to develop and sell some players, while still under contract. That said, I’d be happy if Josh stays.

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
we also need another forward and a couple of wingers with pace and tricky feet

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I think I'd actually prefer for JDC to be sold, providing that it is for a reasonable sum and to a club higher in the pyramid. Apart from validating the business model, it would prove to young talent that TRFC is a good place to play and creates opportunities for further development.

Status
Not open for further replies.