• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
considering they have been working on stuff for 6 months, really hope it is not a typical rovers summer of high hopes and let Downes lol
You would hope they would not make the same mistakes next season. :speechless:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, I would think so but Murphy was excellent last season.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Ben hockenhull 20 centre half from brentford b signed 2 year contract

Last edited:

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
A former Man Utd youngster who describes himself as a ball playing centre half. Let’s hope he doesn’t start lumping it away from home like Clarke did at times!!
Seriously it sounds like just the sort of signing we need albeit no football league experience

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Ben has been a key part of the B Team in recent seasons and was deployed regularly as part of a back three over the course of the 2021/22 campaign where he turned out 34 times and helped himself to one goal. He was part of the side that lifted the London Senior Cup as Brentford B beat Hendon and he also featured for the side in the Atlantic Cup in Portugal, as well as in the Korantina Homes Cup in Cyprus. He also featured against clubs such as AS Monaco and Arsenal over the course of the season.

Discussing Ben's departure to Tranmere, Brentford B Head Coach Neil MacFarlane said: "Ben is somebody who has really grown as a person and as a player during his time with us. He's been part of a back three regularly, who have kept a great deal of clean sheets and he's been a really consistent performer for us. I have high hopes for Ben to go to the Football League and do really well. He's got a really good career ahead of him if he continues to push himself."

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Ben has been a key part of the B Team in recent seasons and was deployed regularly as part of a back three over the course of the 2021/22 campaign where he turned out 34 times and helped himself to one goal. He was part of the side that lifted the London Senior Cup as Brentford B beat Hendon and he also featured for the side in the Atlantic Cup in Portugal, as well as in the Korantina Homes Cup in Cyprus. He also featured against clubs such as AS Monaco and Arsenal over the course of the season.

Discussing Ben's departure to Tranmere, Brentford B Head Coach Neil MacFarlane said: "Ben is somebody who has really grown as a person and as a player during his time with us. He's been part of a back three regularly, who have kept a great deal of clean sheets and he's been a really consistent performer for us. I have high hopes for Ben to go to the Football League and do really well. He's got a really good career ahead of him if he continues to push himself."
Part of a back 3 could interesting

ADD

Player
Norwood
Interesting move that - I see he is 6 foot 5 also so a threat at set pieces at the other end also hopeully!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
On paper, he is exactly the sort of central defender we need. Young and with greater mobility than the ones we have already.

It is good that we are continuing to invest in youth with two year deals. The new transfer policy coming to fruition.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Part of a back 3 could interesting
Indeed as cogley would really suit a right wing back role and McDonald if he stays would be good on the left.
Micky likes his wingers though but gives us options

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Sounds encouraging particularly the ‘ball-playing centre-half’ though it will be interesting to see how much game time he given, as he lacks first team experience. If Clarke does re-sign would still say we need another central defender.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, you do wonder how much game time he would be given but a 'promising youngster' nevertheless.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Cogley had very limited experience when he arrived but was first choice, and I think the same might apply with Hockenhull.

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
a positive start good building and planning we need plenty of pace and talent with hunger and the want to win and progress just the little things we as fans want

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
I like the fact we are now getting some young players who the club will be able to sell on in a year or 2-time thats what we need to do in the long term

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Cogley had very limited experience when he arrived but was first choice, and I think the same might apply with Hockenhull.
Cogley had a loan spell at Crawley and some first team action with Birmingham. He also joined us when in his mid 20s so in footballing terms significantly older than Hockenhull. I wouldn’t say the parallels between Josh and Ben are that strong, but would be happy if he was felt good enough to be in first team contention from the off.

Status
Not open for further replies.