• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad 2021-22

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Just seen Kyle Hyde has gone back to Marine on loan for rest of the season - was recalled from them in December during Covid outbreak. Went straight back into their side on Tuesday. Good move for him to get more experience.
I hope we can recall him if necessary. We are short of full-backs. If JDC gets injured, would Micky want to move Lee O'Connor out of midfield? Otherwise, it may mean Calum Macdonald moving over and Chris Merrie or Joe Maguire filling in at left-back. Not ideal.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I hope we can recall him if necessary. We are short of full-backs. If JDC gets injured, would Micky want to move Lee O'Connor out of midfield? Otherwise, it may mean Calum Macdonald moving over and Chris Merrie or Joe Maguire filling in at left-back. Not ideal.
O'Connor would play right back with Foley centre midfield

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Just seen Kyle Hyde has gone back to Marine on loan for rest of the season - was recalled from them in December during Covid outbreak. Went straight back into their side on Tuesday. Good move for him to get more experience.
Sadly had to be subbed in the first half today with hamstring injury.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Mani joins Grimsby on loan for the rest of the season. Safe to say we won’t see him in a rovers shirt again. Just not good enough but hopefully dropping down a level will help him
Agreed. Hopefully also an indication that Nevitt available again.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Interesting listening to the Peter Clarke interview just now that he watched Lewis Warrington play for Everton U23's against Spurs in January - maybe assisting Vaughan in recruitment?
Clarke suggested he thought he was the best player on the pitch and would have a "very bright future in the game"

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Interesting listening to the Peter Clarke interview just now that he watched Lewis Warrington play for Everton U23's against Spurs in January - maybe assisting Vaughan in recruitment?
Clarke suggested he thought he was the best player on the pitch and would have a "very bright future in the game"

I’ll be amazed if Clarke doesn’t go into coaching or management. He’s a natural leader, has so much experience and always comes across well. Although from his interview on getting to 100 SWA games he said he wants more so won’t be retiring just yet. Wonder if he has his eye on 1,000 games

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Is Clarke any good at the quiet word, arm round the shoulder approach? Some players respond best to a bollocking, others react better to gentler handling.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Is Clarke any good at the quiet word, arm round the shoulder approach? Some players respond best to a bollocking, others react better to gentler handling.
Good point boz. I noticed today Clarke was giving cogley a right rollicking in the first half. Got to be a bit careful handing those out to the younger players although cogley is around 25 I think. I was wondering whether given their equaliser was nodded in on that side whether he got another rollicking in the dressing room!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Only words but Tom Davies sounds positive post match about staying with us next season. He mentions players leaving like Scottie and Jay telling the squad what a big club we are so that may support the rumours that Spearing is hanging up his boots

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes. I think Morris is leaving and Jay retiring to do coaching. That’s the way it goes I guess. We just have to make sure we get decent replacements in. There should be lots of comings and goings this summer.