• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad 2021-22

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Agree about taking it with a pinch of salt but a few concerns if true:

Need to ignore O’Connor wage as we‘ll only be paying a percentage of that. Same with glazel

feeney was terrible late last season and another year old was lucky to get a new deal. Can’t believe he’s a top earner.

mcmamanaman came with an injury record never really playing more than 25-30 games a season and overall has been disappointing.
I cant believe Duffy is one of our highest earners given his age and how long we took to offer him a deal.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Those figures seem very scatty to me.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
While folk are strange, can’t see why anyone would have the energy or inclination to go around fabricating sets of figures for every FL club.
There are plenty of people that like to pretend they have inside knowledge.

A number of the figures are reasonable guesses, and many others are patently absurd. Cogley leaving a Championship club, where he had played a number of games, for £900 quid a week ? Our most creative player - Morris - on £1,000 a week ?

Player
Ian Goodison
Mark Palios has said publicly the highest earner at the club earns £1500 a week as a basic salary. With appearance fees, goal/assist/cleansheet/win bonuses etc varying per player.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Mark Palios has said publicly the highest earner at the club earns £1500 a week as a basic salary. With appearance fees, goal/assist/cleansheet/win bonuses etc varying per player.
James Vaughan was on more than £1500 as we're several others.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
The top wage earner would be the club captain, he would not receive bonuses because of injury.
And i wouldn't imagine that the first year pros are on that much!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Some rumours on other sites that Scott Davies is set to retire due to his injury
Given how long he's been out, you do wonder if it could be true. He's been a good and loyal player, who threw in his lot when the club was at its lowest ebb having just lost its league status. He has also been a great ambassador for the club. If he has to retire, I hope the club can find a new role for him. He should also get a testimonial. But let's hope it's just a rumour.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
Some rumours on other sites that Scott Davies is set to retire due to his injury
He was the keeper that got us to Wembley three years on the run. And of course not forgetting the pizza cup last season.
Things move on, but a vital part of our spine, in the achievement of our sucess, and if not a testimonial, which is not possible, then a recognition of his tenure and service.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
More rumours linking us with rangers winger Josh mcpake. Really impressed me at PP when on loan at Harrogate last season and hasn’t been able to get much game time on loan at Morecambe this season.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
More rumours linking us with rangers winger Josh mcpake. Really impressed me at PP when on loan at Harrogate last season and hasn’t been able to get much game time on loan at Morecambe this season.
Did well last season, had an injury this season but would be a good signing

ADD

Player
Norwood
Just seen that Hayde has been recalled from his loan spell at Marine. Seems to have done very very well for them. Will hopefully come into the reckoning for a squad berth on a regular basis now he has been seen in action.