• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad 2021-22

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The latest suggestion is two signings: a striker and a wide man, the former on a short term deal to prove fitness (which could be Agard).

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'm a bit wary about piling up the strikers, though would have preferred Agard to Maynard. We're more or less obliged to give Glatzel game time, so opportunities for Nevitt, who was developing fast, will become limited.

I'd go with loaning Jolley out until the New Year. Get him some game time at NL/NLN level so he can develop some confidence and force himself back into contention. Given we paid money for him, shouldn't write him off without trying to salvage something.

Player
Manager
John King
I agree re. the youngsters, but I think we need as many experienced striking options as possible, given our goalscoring problems.

drwhoman

At the risk of being unkind, should Mani go on loan if we sign another striker? Does he offer enough? Is he a Beck client?

Player
Manager
John King
I think we still need Mani, Glatzel and Nevitt. Mani might be OK as a squad player in support of better strikers, rather than leading the line.

Player
aldo
so guessing Maynard is up top with Macca and Walker or Glalzel on wings we need Watson just behind the striker, let's hope for a goal on sat

Player
Manager
John King
Agard is at the training ground today apparently, and will be offered a short term deal.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Josh Hawkes from Sunderland joins. Was done Tuesday but some delay re confirmations for some reason - attacking midfielder/ left winger.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Josh Hawkes from Sunderland joins. Was done Tuesday but some delay re confirmations for some reason - attacking midfielder/ left winger.
Says subject to league approval, hopefully docs were sent in time.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Attacking midfield / winger Josh Hawkes joins on loan from Sunderland for the remainder of the season. Sounds promising

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Blimey if agard comes in then we’ll have strikers coming out of our ears!! Although a short term deal would be no risk for us. Makes me wonder why neither Burton or Jolley went out on loan…

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
Because of the relationship between clubs, the league and local FAs . We are obliged to play in some cups, that are open age.
Since we stopped taking part in the reserve league, the youth squad has been burdened with playing these ties.
If I remember correctly, there was a discussion a few years ago about first team players not getting a game for some time.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Makes me wonder why neither Burton or Jolley went out on loan…
Because they would likely join a non-league club where there is no transfer window. However, Burton might stay to keep the "home grown" player numbers up.