• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad 2021-22

ADD

Player
Norwood
I would think we will get a youngster in on.loan until January
Is Ben James not still here then? i thought he was a youth player so would cover Murphy until Davies is back?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Is Ben James not still here then? i thought he was a youth player so would cover Murphy until Davies is back?
Don’t know, but think it unlikely Joe will play every game until then and given Micky’s caution over playing Pilling, unlikely any youth player would get to play except if Joe becomes unavailable during a game.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I would have thought we will just put James on the bench and use the emergency loan rules if Murphy gets injured.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Are we expecting any more signings today?

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
An interview Paul Lewis has given to the local press in Northampton implies we offered him a deal and he turned it down. That does suggest that Mellon wanted / wants to retain a reasonable number of last season's squad.

I would be amazed if we have not offered contracts to Kahn, Woolery and Morris.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
An interview Paul Lewis has given to the local press in Northampton implies we offered him a deal and he turned it down. That does suggest that Mellon wanted / wants to retain a reasonable number of last season's squad.

I would be amazed if we have not offered contracts to Kahn, Woolery and Morris.
Could be right, looks like we offered 1 year deal Northampton offered 2 years.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Could be right, looks like we offered 1 year deal Northampton offered 2 years.
I think contract duration may be an issue with several players. If we plan to be in League One in 2022, then any player offered a two-year contract must be good enough and still young enough to make that step up. That's probably why Chris Merrie got two years, but we only offered Lewis one. If Lewis got an offer, I expect we might also be trying to keep Ridehalgh, Khan, Morris and Woolery, so it's likely we are still negotiating hard with them. I am not sure about CBT and Feeney.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I think contract duration may be an issue with several players. If we plan to be in League One in 2022, then any player offered a two-year contract must be good enough and still young enough to make that step up. That's probably why Chris Merrie got two years, but we only offered Lewis one. If Lewis got an offer, I expect we might also be trying to keep Ridehalgh, Khan, Morris and Woolery, so it's likely we are still negotiating hard with them. I am not sure about CBT and Feeney.
I think Ridehalgh will leave

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Might offer CBT a deal so that if anyone does want him they’d have to pay a little compensation.

I would have doubts about Lewis as L1 player so probably best for all parties he’s moved on.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Don't blame the club for offering 1-year deals to some of the pros though. If they turn it down, fair enough. We move on and look elsewhere. Lewis is not fundametal to the team.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I think we were spoilt yesterday with the comings and goings, would expect a bit more movement in the next week or two.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Ridehalgh, Woolery, Morris, Burton, Ellis, Khan, Walker-rice are they the out of contract players we don't know yet if are leaving or staying or have I missed anybody else.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Ridehalgh, Woolery, Morris, Burton, Ellis, Khan, Walker-rice are they the out of contract players we don't know yet if are leaving or staying or have I missed anybody else.
George Ray?

Player
aldo
hi all we have had computer issues and 29 hours of work in 2 days I am shattered its good to see some work being done so soon be nice to see the forward line get somebody in and who is good and it is looking promising

ADD

Player
Norwood
Hayde and George Nugent I assume will be gone as well.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It's likely that Andy Cook will be confirmed as joining Bradford shortly, so one striker to cross off our shopping list