• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad 2021-22

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Good mix of experience and youth.
Still early days. I would expect to see a younger central defender brought in, having had the oldest average squad in L2 last season. Davies and Knight-Percival are significantly older than Nelson and Monthe and don't think Tom offers much pace at the back, though perhaps NKP does.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Jolley, now Merrie...cant wait for the next sgning..."It's beginning to look a lot like...."

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I'm very happy with the signings we have made so far some good players and some good experience of promotion.

I see Mansfield have signed Danny Johnson who scored plenty of goals last season for Orient, good signing that.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Still early days. I would expect to see a younger central defender brought in, having had the oldest average squad in L2 last season. Davies and Knight-Percival are significantly older than Nelson and Monthe and don't think Tom offers much pace at the back, though perhaps NKP does.
Davies is only 29, so not exactly old for a centre half.

While Davies' injury history is a concern, the two centre halves we have brought in clearly have a better pedigree than Nelson, and are probably more reliable than Monthe.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Davies is only 29, so not exactly old for a centre half.

While Davies' injury history is a concern, the two centre halves we have brought in clearly have a better pedigree than Nelson, and are probably more reliable than Monthe.
You may be correct, but I'd still argue we need another younger central defender and expect that to happen.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Really pleased that Peter Clarke has signed on for another year....and truly deserved...what an inspiration he is for the rest of the squad with his professionalism and fitness.

Reactions: Ian

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Didn’t see the knight Percival signing coming but the pull of Micky was at factor. Not sure if Morecambe wanted to keep him but he did well in play offs and had a couple of scrapes with Vaughan if I remember rightly. With manny gone it’s good to have a left sided CB too. A captain at Shrewsbury so good to have another leader

Pleased Clarke and Murphy are staying.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Rolling squad list (updated):

Scott Davies
Joe Murphy
Tom Davies
Nathaniel Knight-Percival
Peter Clarke
Callum MacDonald
Jay Spearing
Chris Merrie
Charlie Jolley

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
We still have the spine of the squad there, we just need that all elusive striker.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I think the key now will be the attacking/creative midfielders and strikers we sign as they will give fair indication on our chances of success for the coming season along with giving a rough idea how big our budget is likely to be.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Will be interesting what Woolery does as he will have had offers for sure despite his poor form late season

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I feel like the ship has sailed with a lot of the players we had this season. I think we need to move on and keep improving in certain areas. I don’t think players like Woolery and Feeney are mentally strong enough. We need players that will fight for the ball and want to win every game like Vaughan. Shame we couldn’t have kept him for one more season but I’m sure we’ll find a suitable replacement.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Exciting times watching the new squad take place. Some good business so far.
- Particularly NKP Signing.
I noted in the news of Paul Lewis joining N'hampton that their striker is leaving having failed to agree a deal. Top scorer last year with a meagre 9 goals - albeit in L1. Possible recruit to fill hole left by Vaughn?.....or just an experienced supporting role alongside Burton and Jolley and still look further for the main man? He is from up here and was on Everyon's books.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Ryan Watson btw.
Cobblers fans think he’s off to a L1 club.

I’m pleased that Murphy and Clarke have signed up again as it gives us some continuity, while I wouldn’t be adverse to most others out of contract re-joining. Wonder if we’ll get cover for Murphy for the first part of the season.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Cobblers fans think he’s off to a L1 club.

I’m pleased that Murphy and Clarke have signed up again as it gives us some continuity, while I wouldn’t be adverse to most others out of contract re-joining. Wonder if we’ll get cover for Murphy for the first part of the season.
I would think we will get a youngster in on.loan until January