• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad 2021-22

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I agree that it's seemed inevitable that Manny would move on at the end of the season for some time. The mental switch-offs seemed to happen more frequently, if he is happier at his new club those may end, while if eradicated and his distribution improves, he has the ability to become a really good lower league central defender.

Also a hard player to replace, having both physical strength and a turn of pace.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
That's a shame. Manny is still to reach his peak as a player and he is a great character, who will long be remembered by the fans.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
As much as I liked manny at times, he was an accident waiting to happen, in the play offs he was poor. I guess he is the player who turned down new contract, expect he will move back down south.

Good luck to him.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Monthe has the strength and pace to play at the very highest level. However, his poor distribution and lapses of concentration will always hold him back.

That said, I am sure he will have had plenty of offers from lower division clubs. He played a big part in the two promotions, so all the best to him.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
This was a no surprise decision by Manny.
His family is down south and he no doubts was part of the decision.

His potential at his age, should have ensured a great future. It's a pity, he didn't learn from his time here.
Some of his highs were a part of our history even if he played against us in our first effort of getting out of VNL. His height and demeanour should have resulted in many more goals. He will not be forgotten.

His message summed up his attitude and thanking the supporters was a nice touch.

Thanks Manny.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yes, he played under Mark Cooper previously at FGR.
Overall manny leaving whilst not a shock is a sad day as it’s another player from our successive promotions.
Agree with RLC with his pace and size he has the attributes to easily play higher up but he is prone to a mistake or switching off at times.
That said, he has 3 promotions on his CV after his FGR one and is still only 26 so plenty of years left. He have plenty of interest - could he end up at league one Portsmouth as they were linked with him albeit before Cowley’s took over.

good luck manny

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Posters on the Barrow forum reckon he's about to sign for them!

Surely he wouldn’t leave us for a team who struggled last season. I know Cooper is up there but I’d be disappointed if he turned us down to go there.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I will miss his size and strength but I won’t miss his distribution! Good luck to him though, he’s been a good servant over the years.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yes will always remember him as one of the Borehamwood ten!!
Chris Merrie offered a new deal by Wigan so will be interesting if we get him

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Surely he wouldn’t leave us for a team who struggled last season. I know Cooper is up there but I’d be disappointed if he turned us down to go there.
Barrow seem to be spending a bit of money and have already signed a few decent players.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Barrow seem to be spending a bit of money and have already signed a few decent players.
They have the potential to be in the mix next season and their manager, whatever our views are of him, is no mug. It would be more of a surprise in terms of geography if Manny ended up in Barrow after indications he wanted to head back down south.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
New signing incoming..