• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad 2021-22

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
In a week's time the window closes. Aside from the probable return of Hawkes, not much on the rumour mills at present.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Wrexham meanwhile rumour to have paid £300k for Olly Palmer from Wimbledon

Player
aldo
if we had a choice who would we want Josh Hawkes or Jack Diamond, both young both fast Diamond 5 goals in 28, josh 1 in 17,I do like the look of Diamond but like Hawkes too

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Lee OConnor signs permanently penning a 2 and a half year deal. I wasn’t expecting this as he was apparently on a good wage at Celtic but maybe the length of deal was a key factor.
Great news ahead of Saturday
The figures quoted were way off the mark.

This is good news and shows our recruitment has certainly changed

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
If we can also bring in Hawkes and another Centre Half we will be in a strong position squad wise.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It’s looking good so far and O’Connor is a very positive signing for someone with his age and ability.

Agree it’s looking very good so far, but the only time to evaluate is when the January window shuts and we know the full squad details.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It’s looking good so far and O’Connor is a very positive signing for someone with his age and ability.

Agree it’s looking very good so far, but the only time to evaluate is when the January window shuts and we know the full squad details.
We won't lose any players we want to keep, so I think we can already view the window as very positive.

If we bring in a reasonable centre half to provide defensive cover, it will be a perfect window.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
We won't lose any players we want to keep, so I think we can already view the window as very positive.

If we bring in a reasonable centre half to provide defensive cover, it will be a perfect window.
If you’re correct in the first assertion then I’d agree with you.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
After a quiet few days, things are looking very positive. Although he's been with us for 18 months, I didn't expect us to land Lee. We will need a new goalie next season. I wonder if we can keep Ross?

That makes five players already signed up for next season including two for the season after that. That's definitely a change in the recruitment policy. ;)

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Hawkes confirmed on a two and half year deal. Great news. What I like about these signings is they can only get better and show our ambition.

Agree another centre half would be good although they’ll have to persuade someone they may be 3rd or 4th choice.

Am I being greedy wanting another striker? Still early days for Hemmings but still not sure we’ll get regular goals from the other strikers. Plus we need to ship out some of the deadwood first probably e.g Mani, Maguire plus surely mcmananan won’t play much now. However as RLC has suggested in the past we could easily be promoted with several players scoring between 5-10 goals each and keeping our great defensive record

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Hawkes confirmed on a two and half year deal. Great news. What I like about these signings is they can only get better and show our ambition.

Agree another centre half would be good although they’ll have to persuade someone they may be 3rd or 4th choice.

Am I being greedy wanting another striker? Still early days for Hemmings but still not sure we’ll get regular goals from the other strikers. Plus we need to ship out some of the deadwood first probably e.g Mani, Maguire plus surely mcmananan won’t play much now. However as RLC has said in the past we could easily be promoted with several players scoring between 5-10 goals each and keeping our great defensive record
A centre half and possibly centre mid, I don't expect another striker

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Good business! Two cracking players and nice to see the club offering decent contracts.