• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad 2021-22

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Great signing. Particularly pleased with the length of contract, as he would be a good player in League One (if we get there).

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Great signing. Particularly pleased with the length of contract, as he would be a good player in League One (if we get there).
Yes plus credit to palios as not many clubs give out that length of contract these days. I’m sure that was crucial to signing him with other clubs perhaps more attractive but offering a year less

ADD

Player
Norwood
That's an excellent signing made better that Salford were after him! As RLC said already the length of the signing is even more impressive. Maybe just maybe the first example of the new recruitment strategy bearing fruit and a new more focussed approach.
I particularly also liked the comment about having discussed with Kane the 3 youngsters and how he was to help them with their development.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, that’s excellent news. He comes with a great goal record. That’s should push us on even further for the run in.

Last edited:

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I’ve just been watching a number of his goals. All different types, headers, right foot, left foot, far out, penalty box. He’s a good physical presence and at 30 should be in his prime. Plus he’s scored in his last two games

Last edited:

ADD

Player
Norwood

Bit unfair really he looks far too good based on some of those finishes!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Watson is on his way out it seems. I am not concerned as he is on big money and has contributed next to nothing.

Clever business actually, as that is probably why we could afford Hemmings.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Watson is on his way out it seems. I am not concerned as he is on big money and has contributed next to nothing.

Clever business actually, as that is probably why we could afford Hemmings.
It’s just not worked out for Watson. A shame as he’s a local lad but these things happen in football. He has talent and won’t be short of suitors

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
It’s just not worked out for Watson. A shame as he’s a local lad but these things happen in football. He has talent and won’t be short of suitors
Rumour is he is going to Salford

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
No great loss.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
I think is interesting that as part of his rational for signing Hemmings, Mickey clearly makes the point that "he's here to complement the three strikers that we have at the minute and we've even spoken to Kane about them and he can help us with their development". I think its fair to assume that the three strikers Mickey is refering to would be Nevitt, Jolley and Glatzel which leads me to think Mani Desiwho? is "a gonna" as far as Mickey is concerned, which given his "performances" to date is of little surprise.