• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad 2021-22

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Every time he plays for us we lose 5-0! ;)
I assume he played in one of the Peterborough games then ? I must admit, I had no memory of him being here. We had such a revolving door of loanees in that period.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I assume he played in one of the Peterborough games then ? I must admit, I had no memory of him being here. We had such a revolving door of loanees in that period.
Yes 0-5 in the FA Cup 2013 under Ronnie. I'd forgotten him as well and picked it up from Wikipedia. He was a teenager on loan from Blackburn at the time.

Player
aldo
although the 1 season in LG2 with Coventry he did score 28 in 52 games I would take that all day long

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The Dundee Utd forum suggests Ryan Edwards may be going to Fleetwood.

Player
Manager
John King
The Dundee Utd forum suggests Ryan Edwards may be going to Fleetwood.
No doubt there are plenty of clubs interested. I would imagine he would choose Fleetwood ahead of us, even accounting for the Mellon factor.

Player
Manager
John King
Liam Feeney released by Blackpool. There is no doubt he is a talented player and he was good in the first half of last season, but slumped badly towards the end. He was not helped by being flogged week after week by Hill, but I would not retain him.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I agree. Tremendous start but fell well short. Also not getting any younger.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Liam Feeney released by Blackpool. There is no doubt he is a talented player and he was good in the first half of last season, but slumped badly towards the end. He was not helped by being flogged week after week by Hill, but I would not retain him.
I would have Feeney back. No reason why he can't repeat his initial form of last season.....especially with a better manager on board. Played out wide he could provide a good service to a new striker such as Cook. On a free he must worth a place in the squad -even if not played regularly. Although I think he could still hold down a regular place.

Player
Manager
John King
I would have Feeney back. No reason why he can't repeat his initial form of last season.....especially with a better manager on board. Played out wide he could provide a good service to a new striker such as Cook. On a free he must worth a place in the squad -even if not played regularly. Although I think he could still hold down a regular place.
I doubt he will be offered anything. He is 34 now and probably on the downward slope in his career, and I think he is one of the players Mellon will want to replace with someone younger and hungrier.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Do Rovers actually publish a released list? If the player doesn’t say something on social media, we don’t find out until either new contract announced either by us or their next club.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Do Rovers actually publish a released list? If the player doesn’t say something on social media, we don’t find out until either new contract announced either by us or their next club.
The club don't make an announcement anymore its been a few years since they did.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
At the end of their contract, some players will not be offered new deals, some will but won't accept them and some will re-sign. The problem is when would they announce the list? Ideally, they would want to complete sensitive negotiations first, but that would be a bit late. However, other clubs do it, so why can't Rovers?

Reactions: Boz
Player
Manager
John King
We used to release lists of the players that had not been offered contracts and those that had, irrespective of whether they accepted them.

I think one of the reasons we no longer do, is that the offers sometimes change depending on circumstance. For example, a few years ago Ritchie Sutton was released by Mellon, only to be offered a deal at the last minute when Ihiekwe unexpectedly left the club.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I can’t see what the problem is in listing the players who are being released and thanking them. Even if things change as in RLC’s Ritchie Sutton example, there’s no harm done and it keeps fans on the loop.

Player
Manager
John King
I don't have a strong opinion either way, and I was just explaining what I think is the club's rationale. There have been other alleged instances where verbal offers have been made to players, and subsequently withdrawn.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
You can thank them in other ways without having to release a list. Admittedly it’s not as engaging for fans but they may have their reasons.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I don't have a strong opinion either way, and I was just explaining what I think is the club's rationale. There have been other alleged instances where verbal offers have been made to players, and subsequently withdrawn.
Harris and I think Buxton

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I would take Feeney back as even though he’s 34 he’s still fit and is capable of good delivery. Very true he lost form but was never rested and one of a number whose performances took a dive.

Agree with RLC that he may not be the type that mickey wants but I can see some decent L2 sides wanting him so I’d be tempted to give him a year.