• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad 2021-22

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I don’t think the squad size issue did go with the salary cap, as there was talk of another PFA challenge and then a compromise position of 22 player squad. Unsure it’s been resolved yet?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
“We need the types of full backs Josh is if we are going to be able to play the way that we want to play. He is quick, mobile and aggressive. “We don’t want to rush our recruitment; it takes time. We are working hard for the players we want”
Micky has spoken.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I don’t think the squad size issue did go with the salary cap, as there was talk of another PFA challenge and then a compromise position of 22 player squad. Unsure it’s been resolved yet?
I thought it had been increased to 22 but can't be sure

frenchrover

Player
aldo
I wish the new lad Cogley well but I'm concerned about the 2 year contract given his lack of time actually playing, as for a significant 3 months of his time on loan at Crawley was spent recovering from a fractured ankle incurred during his 3rd appearance for them in the 19/20 season. And again on his return to Birmingham for the 20/21 season he only spent 387 minutes of the 5 games in which he was involved actually playing, with the rest of the season being an unused sub or not even in the squad. So good luck Josh and lets hope your time at Rovers sees a fruitful return to your playing career.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Rolling squad list (updated):

Scott Davies
Joe Murphy
Josh Cogley
Tom Davies
Nathaniel Knight-Percival
Peter Clarke
Callum MacDonald
Jay Spearing
Ryan Watson
Chris Merrie
Kieron Morris
Liam Feeney
Charlie Jolley
Jake Burton (?)

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Rolling squad list (updated):

Scott Davies
Joe Murphy
Josh Cogley
Tom Davies
Nathaniel Knight-Percival
Peter Clarke
Callum MacDonald
Jay Spearing
Ryan Watson
Chris Merrie
Kieron Morris
Liam Feeney
Charlie Jolley
Jake Burton (?)
Strange that nothing official on Burton as he has tweeted that he has signed for another year.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
For some reason, not heard of the lad, I hope he is decent enough to warrant a two year deal, not too confident at his age, he should have played a lot more.

Player
aldo
have to agree to the communication from the club at the moment is not good on some things IE player released some contracts -pre-season games, I know MP has said he will not talk abt contracts and stuff but a little info goes a long way

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
Communication has been awful to non existent for as long as I remember, local radio or the echo when based across the Mersey, was the only way you found out.
I remember when we turned up for a game and wondered who the new signing was. The season when we struggled, the number of players was somewhere around fifty, loanees most of them. And rubbish.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It wouldn’t hurt to let us know Jake Burton’s signed for another year. Some suggestion Kyle Hayde also re-signed. No news of any first year pro contracts either?

ADD

Player
Norwood
Agreed. Assuming that he has actually signed a new contract (as he says he has) it is disrespectful to Burton not bother even putting out a press release. As a young lad he must have been really proud to get an extension and yet no recognition whatsoever.

ADD

Player
Norwood
It wouldn’t hurt to let us know Jake Burton’s signed for another year. Some suggestion Kyle Hayde also re-signed. No news of any first year pro contracts either?
Not seen anything anywhere about Hayde - Boz where was that posted?