• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad 2021-22

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Bruno Andrade left Salford seems to have lost his way but there is talent in there, could be worth a punt unless he's moving back down south.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I would be pleased with Andrade. A lot of players underperform at Salford, which is a strange club, and he was excellent at Lincoln and Boreham Wood.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
He probably needs to be well managed, something Micky is very good at.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I wonder if Cambridge supporters said the same about Mullin?
I don’t see many parallels. Cambridge had Mullin on loan until the season was curtailed and had a good idea what to expect, a hard-working footballer who’d chip In with a few goals. Obviously he surpassed those expectations.

By contrast Andrade was on a high wage at Salford, but released with a year of his contract still to run, having featured in less than half their games. Undoubtedly at best a talented player, but you have to wonder what went wrong. Our last recruit from Salford, Danny Lloyd didn’t live up to expectations either.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
The only thing I would say so far is that all the signings/extensions have been 1 year except Merrie which I understand in some cases I would hope some of the further incoming are on 2 year deals

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I don’t see many parallels. Cambridge had Mullin on loan until the season was curtailed and had a good idea what to expect, a hard-working footballer who’d chip In with a few goals. Obviously he surpassed those expectations.

By contrast Andrade was on a high wage at Salford, but released with a year of his contract still to run, having featured in less than half their games. Undoubtedly at best a talented player, but you have to wonder what went wrong. Our last recruit from Salford, Danny Lloyd didn’t live up to expectations either.
Yes, while I would be happy if we signed Andrade, it is not logical to assume that every underperforming player will exceed expectations to the extent that Mullin did. His was a highly unusual case.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
While I’d welcome Andrade if Micky likes him, I would hope he dares better than the last ex Boreham Wood forward we signed - Morgan Ferrier.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Morris was pretty poor last season but then he was likely messed around by Hill. MM rates him more I am sure. Decent enough for this level on his day.